Police Driver Training Pays Off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
COOL..! Puts a whole new perspective on the some "advanced driver training" courses run by ex police drivers ;) ;)

I quote... "What price opting for parking sensors?"

Standard on all new fleet vehicles- Obviously someone has been listening. Won't be much help when you are trying to reverse at high speed up a road in a pursuit situation with the back end of a truck heading at a rate of knots towards the front of your car....

I'm not clear what the figures refer to?

If GMP paid out £857k for damage to Police Vehicles in a year, that tells you nothing?

TPAC is recognised as a safe way to stop a bandit vehicle but is EXPECTED to require repairs to 4 Police vehicles.

Whilst better training is always going to be a plus, you have to ask what are the figures comparing? With Joe Public? (who is unlikely to get rammed by a stolen vehicle) with other countries? with military use?

Its a lot of money, but then they are tools (the cars, not the coppers :D ) to do a job...

:confused:

The supplied figures are typical statistics. USELESS! Is the damage blameworthy, was it done for legitimate reasons? In fact they are just headline grabbing numbers.

Game On!
I think it shows a gross lack of 'bottle' to allow a Police persuit to leave a motorways or othersimilar roads. I fully accept this comment will go down like a lead balloon but it is something I have strong feelings about. If it means damaging a couple of Police vehicles to stop a vehicle that has been involved in SERIOUS crime, or fails to stop, then so be it. Block off exits, have slow rolling road blocks on motorways\dual carriageways etc and stop these vehicles before they get into built up areas. To allow a reckless driver to leave quiet or fairly safe areas and then wreak havoc in a town or city centre is unforgivable, although I accept it might be policy. I would much prefer four damaged Police vehicles to dead, or seriously injured INNOCENT members of the public. I am NOT advocating stupid, or dangerous driving, I am talking about sensible, well planned stopping of vehicles in the safest enviroments and if this involves Police vehicles being damaged, then so be it.

John

Did one of our members not say he preferred police drivers to professional racing drivers? Lets hope they do not have to park with him inside then.
LOL

Did one of our members not say he preferred police drivers to professional racing drivers? Lets hope they do not have to park with him inside then.
LOL
On a busy public road I would always prefer the highest qualified Police driver against the professional race driver.

On a closed circuit with nothing coming the other way..... then I would jump at the oppurtunity of being driven by a professional race driver. (even MS)

Yes, it was me with all my prejudices against Police Traffic Officers) As my old sergeant used to say, "Horses for courses." :)

John

Smokey and the Bandit!

Wouldn't disagree with much of what has been said but I had to smile at Hertfordshire's official response "the 'vast majority' of incidents happened at slow speed, when officers were trying to park a car or carry out a three-point turn. Many happened on police station premises, not on public roads.'-- So not exactly 'hot pursuit' as Sheriff Buford T. Justice would have put it.;)

On a busy public road I would always prefer the highest qualified Police driver against the professional race driver.

On a closed circuit with nothing coming the other way..... then I would jump at the oppurtunity of being driven by a professional race driver. (even MS)

Yes, it was me with all my prejudices against Police Traffic Officers) As my old sergeant used to say, "Horses for courses." :)

John

Your old sergeant seemed to have a lot of quotable phrases.

Careless police forces included Greater Manchester (873 incidents costing £257,000) and Leicestershire (£16,447, and £7,205 of damage to buildings and other cars).

Good to see Manchester portrayed as being way out there in the lead... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom