Police get new weapon to catch speeding motorists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonl

Car
SLK230
speedcam.gif

:D

It'll be next… just you wait!

Alas they already have something similar. Variable speed limits a la M25, damn speed limits go up and down between sections like a whores drawers. Blink and your nicked!

Andy

Why do you always get that national speed limit sign about 10 yards from a roundabout???

KillerHERTZ said:
Why do you always get that national speed limit sign about 10 yards from a roundabout???
Or in the case of Edenfield road, leaving Edenfield approaching Rochdale, a national speed limit sign a few yards away from the world's worst hairpin bend! Seems silly to me!

There is a speed camera along that stretch now as well, pointing the other direction, it goes from national speed limit to 40, camera, then a bit later 30. The trouble is, the signs are so far apart that no-one ever knows the speed limit and the average person slams the brakes on all the way down to 30mph...in a 40 zone. Very annoying!

Shude said:
Or in the case of Edenfield road, leaving Edenfield approaching Rochdale, a national speed limit sign a few yards away from the world's worst hairpin bend! Seems silly to me!
I remember when that whole road was NSL. That was before the days of councils deciding to wrap us all up in cotton wool.

btw: that is some hairpin, but don't you just love powering out of it
devil.gif
, great fun.

KillerHERTZ said:

It's so that you remember not to do more than 60mph around the round-about. :D :D :D

lol - that really is quite funny :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom