Police Lotus Elise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbjeppm

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E Coupe 350cdi, W166 ML 250 Cdi Sport, R171 SLK 350, Suzuki V Strom DL650
I drove down to Brighton on saturday, and was amazed to see that Sussex police have invested in a Lotus Elise.

I have been struggling to think of the justification for a 2 seater sports car at the tax payers expense, and to be honest failed miserably.

Anybody got any ideas?

could be a seized drug dealers one.
I think thames valley also had a 360 modena in 2002 or there abouts which was seized from proceds of crime

marked or unmarked?

I know there was an unmarked Impreza being used by police in Brighton, scarey enough, an elise you would never suspect.

At Goodwood this year there was a Ferrari 599 livered up as a UK Police car, complete with flashing lights and a siren.

However, it was just a publicity stunt to draw attention to road safety. When not doing the hill climb it was parked in the Ferrari area next to a very decent traffic policeman who was happy to answer questions or give advice about road safety issues.

The Lotus could be something similar?

Yep, there's a few cars like this used for Police PR publicity.

I also saw a few at Goodwood FOS and there was a Police 'blade' (Honda sports motorcycle) as well ;)

Will

Police or otherwise ;)

Seriously - I've never seen that, and I used to live in Kingston!

When was that?

Will

Sussex Police used to have at least one MGB GT in full 'jam sandwich' livery.

Thanks to Imadoofus:bannana:

We now know the car is on loan to the sussex police to promote road safety.

yep, very much on loan, the police have gone to great lengths to make sure the public know it's a loaner as well :)

They take it to nearly every major event in the area with a couple of (obviously well trained in PR) officers who are only too happy to talk about their "toy" and yet still manage to end every conversation with "remember to drive safely" or some equally banal remark :)

The lotus does look very pretty though

Andy

Andy

They also used the Daimler Dart.

..............did some work a few years ago in one of the Mets main garage at West London and was surprised to see the extent of plain unmarked cars and bikes, covering some superb machinery.

Bikes like Fireblades, Blackbirds, ZZr's R1's all unmarked and used as part of covert ops.............

Didn't they have a marked up Murcielago for the Gumball a few years ago?

On the A59 up here the cops are using two Scoobies, unmarked. Not fair :crazy:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom