Police officers are to face charges of causing death by dangerous driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
well that is sad. speed cameras cause crashes even when they are not installed.

Mind you this will be recorded as a crash and an excuse to stick a camera on that stretch of road.
maybe all the traffic cops will go on strike to protect their mates, like the firearms officers do whenever they go on trial.
Is this true ? my work colleague whose son is in the drug police division merseyside says traffic cops are the most hated in the division pricipally because they like to grass on other coppers breaking traffic rules and once he was reported for chasing a drug suspect onto the m53 without putting on his high vis jacket. very confusing that one.

Last edited:
Hopefully this incident will have been videod and justice will be done.

John

"The police car was in a convoy of two vehicles on a training run to test an electronic speed camera device." - taken from the new report.

Goes to show what injudicious reporting can do - the police officers were testing a VASCAR device which is not, by the common definition used here and elsewhere, a speed camera.

While not condoning the actions of the officers, it would be nice to have the same level of accuracy from our press as we do from our police officers.

"The police car was in a convoy of two vehicles on a training run to test an electronic speed camera device." - taken from the new report.

Goes to show what injudicious reporting can do - the police officers were testing a VASCAR device which is not, by the common definition used here and elsewhere, a speed camera.

While not condoning the actions of the officers, it would be nice to have the same level of accuracy from our press as we do from our police officers.

Would seem that there was even less reason for them to be exceeding any limit or driving in such a manner as to cause the accident -in fact they don't even need to move to calibrate it. In this case the "injudicious reporting" gave them a level of credibility which may not be due.

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/speed03.htm

well that is sad. speed cameras cause crashes even when they are not installed.

Mind you this will be recorded as a crash and an excuse to stick a camera on that stretch of road.
maybe all the traffic cops will go on strike to protect their mates, like the firearms officers do whenever they go on trial.
Is this true ? my work colleague whose son is in the drug police division merseyside says traffic cops are the most hated in the division pricipally because they like to grass on other coppers breaking traffic rules and once he was reported for chasing a drug suspect onto the m53 without putting on his high vis jacket. very confusing that one.

I know a couple of policemen, as you suggest, the traffic police (black rats) aren't particularly popular even with their colleagues.

If you ever see a small circular sticker on the back of a car, white background with the head of a rat in black, that signifies the owner of that vehicle is traffic police.

Would seem that there was even less reason for them to be exceeding any limit or driving in such a manner as to cause the accident -in fact they don't even need to move to calibrate it. In this case the "injudicious reporting" gave them a level of credibility which may not be due.

Please see my comment that says I don't condone what happened - if you read most of the comments that go with this and other sources you'll see what I mean.

There is never an excuse for taking a person's life on the road - but for the media to associate it with speed cameras as they have done is a blatant manipulation of the story to fit a popular agenda.

Vascar.it is a speed measuring device. camera or not whatever, it is used to create fines from speed which compounds and not solve the speeding issue. speed camera is a generic name, like hoover, bic or transit van.

Last edited:
If you ever see a small circular sticker on the back of a car, white background with the head of a rat in black, that signifies the owner of that vehicle is traffic police.

Not necessarilly, you can buy those stickers on ebay.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=black+rat+sticker

Actually, on the right sort of vehicle they do seem to work. I had one on my ST1100 and used to get a nod or a wave by plod, even if I was being a bit silly.

Last edited:
Yup, those are the ones......how amusing that you can buy them on eBay, might be worth investing in one of those:)

I don't know the details of the accident and the outcome was terrible.
My 'gutt' feeling is the same as useual. Trained people doing a tough job.
My thoughts go to the decesed family and also to the ones who put their lives at risk everyday.

Jay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom