Police officers sacked after recording themselves speeding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi , in Spain the traffic police tend to work in pairs.The unmarked car tends to record speed etc and the marked car stops the speeding car.

Very rarely do they do that, and it's usually pretty obvious. Car parked on the side of the road with a sign in the back window, as long as your brakes are working there is time to slow down. Of course you shouldn't speed, but some motorways are asking you to go faster.

I am not to bothered by the speed the police officers were driving at, at worse it merits points and a fine to the driver. I think that the '89mph' in the headline was mostly click-bait.

I am also not too concerned about them sharing the footage on WhatsApp groups, this is what the younger generations do, and yes the police officers should have known better, but at best this is a disciplinary matter.

However, taking the seized car for a spin - without the owner's permission - is rightly a stackable offence. Police officers are given powers and authority over other citizens and any attemp on their side to abuse the trust invested in them should be responded to with vigor.

I am not to bothered by the speed the police officers were driving at, at worse it merits points and a fine to the driver. I think that the '89mph' in the headline was mostly click-bait.

I am also not too concerned about them sharing the footage on WhatsApp groups, this is what the younger generations do, and yes the police officers should have known better, but at best this is a disciplinary matter.

However, taking the seized car for a spin - without the owner's permission - is rightly a stackable offence. Police officers are given powers and authority over other citizens and any attemp on their side to abuse the trust invested in them should be responded to with vigor.
Quite simply, this is TWOCcing and should be treated as such

as much as anything this helps destroy the trust the public have in the Police. Get stopped and told “ we’ll remove your car sir“ will most likely get the response “like f*** you will”

Anyone know the speed limit on the section of road on which they were doing 89mph?

However, taking the seized car for a spin - without the owner's permission - is rightly a stackable offence.
We only have the press reports to go on - which focus on the excess speed :rolleyes: - but my guess is that that this ^ was ultimately what resulted in a dismissal.

That said, by the act of filming and sharing a record of their antics it's clear that the two involved are not the sharpest tools in the shed, and ensured that they were seen to be undeserving of the trust necessary to do their job effectively.

I suppose we can now look forward to lots of tales in the media about bad policing with the Derek Chauvin trial now taking place.

Very rarely do they do that, and it's usually pretty obvious. Car parked on the side of the road with a sign in the back window, as long as your brakes are working there is time to slow down. Of course you shouldn't speed, but some motorways are asking you to go faster.
Hi , I drive down the main autoroute of Western Spain / Portuguese boundary and I have seen motorist pulled over.The marked car parks behind / hides behind the large advertising boards ( some of the advertising boards are full length and wait for the customers)

That's my experience but don't want to fall out with you.

Apparently, they are indeed of the instafacegrammerchat, generation - reliable source who wears blue in the same force
Many a colleague face palmed at the obvious fails of these "two little twerps" (unquote)

That's third hand, but may be correct.

Across the pond, but did you see the boys in blue yet again dig themselves a hole when stopping a serving lieutenant.
US army officer sues police over violent traffic stop

Tough job etc etc, but knowing they have body cams mean they think they are doing it all right......

Apparently, they are indeed of the instafacegrammerchat, generation - reliable source who wears blue in the same force
Many a colleague face palmed at the obvious fails of these "two little twerps" (unquote)

That's third hand, but may be correct.

Across the pond, but did you see the boys in blue yet again dig themselves a hole when stopping a serving lieutenant.
US army officer sues police over violent traffic stop

Tough job etc etc, but knowing they have body cams mean they think they are doing it all right......

That is not looking good, I admit.

But, like with most things in life, there are also examples at the other end of the scale, such as this sad incident (not easy to watch):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am more worried about them being intoxicated:-
Aurora Colorado police supposed to be some of our finest .
A fine day out with beers!! 👿
Tuercas viejas

That is not looking good, I admit.

But, like with most things in life, there are also examples at the other end of the scale, such as this sad incident (not easy to watch):

Sad business.
'The guy was always smiling:' State Police officer Darian Jarrott remembered by chief
Tuercas viejas

A tribute to this officer killed in the line of duty.
I have three family members serving as UK police officers, two nieces in Thames Valley, and one nephew now with Gloucester police as a detective sergeant.
'Of course as with most police officers, they have families ,this particular New Mexico officer was no exception.
Tuercas Viejas

Last edited:
No matter what your line of work, there will always be a few who set a bad example.
If memory serves me right, the driver of this kept his job.

It could be, "Not what you know, but who you know?"

"The car then collided with two front gardens". A neat bit of stunt driving I must say! Ambition well ahead of ability there...

Just got this news article when visiting BBC website about another incident of police officers joyriding vehicles. This is inexcusable behaviour and all three should be fired rather than given a final written warning!

Notwithstanding the inconsistency of outcome. would the joyriding policemen in the Bentley have been insured for their caper?

Notwithstanding the inconsistency of outcome. would the joyriding policemen in the Bentley have been insured for their caper?
Only for the recovery drive from the scene straight back to the station, I believe.

Cop here. Possible he was told to write speeding tickets in an area receiving a lot of complaints. He figured you as a decent person and recommended you fight the ticket because you may be able to beat the ticket. Lapd gets overtime if you aren't working during the time you have court but we don't see any extra cash. It's just time we can use to take a paid day off in the future. Most of us hate court to be honest. We'd rather be with family or sitting at home surfing reddit.

snaptube vidmate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom