Police Rescue Stuffed Animal from Man's Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
SNN0229AA---532g_1482460a.jpg

Judging from Mark's photo, the police could just have tapped on the glass and asked the photographer if the dog was OK.

Just received my free Meerkat from Compare the Meerkat.com

I suppose I shouldn't leave it in the car! Simples.

Judging from Mark's photo, the police could just have tapped on the glass and asked the photographer if the dog was OK.

Apparently they tried and it didn't work, even though it was a police photographer inside the car:

event008.jpg

Many years ago I was visiting the Royal Welsh Agricultural Show on a beautiful summers day. Walking back to my car I was passed by an RSPCA man and two policemen who then stopped at one of the cars. Locked in this car was a dog in obvious distress with no fresh air or water. The police took no hesitation in smashing a window and rescuing the poor dog.

It was pleasing to know the thoughtless owner was now facing a heavy fine plus the cost of replacing the window.

Better safe than sorry.

I know Bruce personally, he is a challenge.... if you do meet him just make sure you sit down up against a wall and hide your wallet....

I think it would be a laugh to buy a toy baby and leave the CD player on playing crying baby sounds and watch the hysteria from afar...

If you have floor mats like that in a Mercedes you deserve to have your windows put in.

The article that was linked to in the OP is written by an American and quotes the octogenarian Merc owner as saying, "I guess they felt like idiots". I read this story on the BBC regional news the other day and they quoted him as saying, "They did the right thing", which is more believable IMO. Nice to see a member of the British public being reasonable, rather than making a song and dance and playing the victim.

Well played Gordon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom