Policy Renewal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BMF

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C220 (W205) 2015 Bluetec Sport Premium Plus
I am currently insured with a web based company called “Quote Me Happy”, I have been insured with them for the previous two years and have just received and accepted the third years policy quote and each year the cost of my policy has gone down, I can’t argue with that and so would be happy to recommend them to other members.

Mine is £1500 with personal accident and agreed value. Have to pay monthly this year as have just spent 4K on the car. Premium credit charging me going on £300 so nearly £1800. Adrian flux is again the cheapest for me.
Anyone got ice? My bum hurts with being raped again with insurance.
All down to the postcode😟

Reactions: BMF
I have just got round to insuring the 124. Went with Santander, 0yrs NCD and RAC roadside assistance £150 (And I'll be getting 10% back to my bank account).
I am glad renewing with the same company year on year has worked for the OP but in my experience shopping around has ALWAYS resulted in a better price, sometimes taking this back to the existing company results in them matching or slightly beating the price but in my opinion would they deserve repeat business?

Reactions: BMF
What! 11 yrs no claims and clean licence. No claims.
Insurance is a postcode lottery.

Just done the maths and it’s a whopping £2.77 a mile. I’ve 5000 miles on my policy. Add petrol, tax and running costs......damn!!!!

Though, to be fair, your car is probably 10 times better than mine!!

I've just insured both cars, the Electric EQC400 and the SL400, I live in Durham and the EQC is insured for business, both cars are insured with the same company. (NFU)

The EQC was £1,297 and the SL400 was £509. I'm 63 years old with a no fault claim when someone his me in a car park in Leeds 2 years ago in the E Class and I wasn't even in the car, their insurance covered all the costs, it still affects my insurance BTW

Both have all the extras on the insurance including breakdown.

However I'm currently having a new house build in the Yorkshire Dales so will be moving around October time, so out of curiosity I asked about insurance costs for when I moved house.

Oddly enough the EQC insurance halves and the SL400 stays about he same, I cant figure this out at all!

Interestingly, I got quotes from elsewhere as well, in most cases the EQC went up when I moved to North Yorkshire and the SL400 stayed about the same.

They are a law unto themselves.:rolleyes:

Actually, I have just remembered an instance where I did renew without shopping around. I had an accident in my Westfield, the car needed rebuilding at the factory and the total claim, including the other party's losses & personal injury was in excess of £12k. When the renewal came through it was for £127, I bit their hands off.

Comparison sites start at 3k. Car ha s modded exhaust and steering wheel.

I have just got round to insuring the 124. Went with Santander, 0yrs NCD and RAC roadside assistance £150 (And I'll be getting 10% back to my bank account).
I am glad renewing with the same company year on year has worked for the OP but in my experience shopping around has ALWAYS resulted in a better price, sometimes taking this back to the existing company results in them matching or slightly beating the price but in my opinion would they deserve repeat business?
About 10 years ago I was insured with Direct Line and had been for the previous 8 years, I kept on renewing with them because checking online when renewal was due they were consistently lower than the competition. The cars insured ranged from a Ford Sierra 2.0L GL, Peugeot 405 GLXTDi (pretty quick for what it was), Ford Fiesta 1.6i and a Vauxhall Vectra elite navi, premiums were acceptable until the last renewal for the Vectra when the premium doubled to over £700, when I rang the to find out why they were evasive and very reluctant to cut a deal, Goodbye Direct Line, Hello Aviva!

We've renewed for both cars just this week.

CLS auto-renew quote was £623 (last year £495) and for the Yaris £418 (last year £311).

After some haggling (using quotes from comparison sites as a basis), we have now renewed on a multi-car policy with the same insurer as gave us those auto-renew figures at a total of £641 for both cars (£354 + £287) - a saving of exactly £400 on the auto-renew price.

It's always worth a phone call, even if the OP's auto-renew figure looked attractive.

I am currently insured with a web based company called “Quote Me Happy”, I have been insured with them for the previous two years and have just received and accepted the third years policy quote and each year the cost of my policy has gone down, I can’t argue with that and so would be happy to recommend them to other members.

My mum's insurance has just come through with the same company. Previously I have changed it yearly because of prices but they have again dropped just over £50 from last year bringing it to under £300. I did a quick comparison site quote and others are no where near. Will renew with them.

Yes. It’s always a pain come insurance time. With a clean driving and claim history, car always garages you’d think it would be cheaper. Even offered to put an s7 tracker on but no change in price.
Bad postcode unfortunatly, even though there’s little to no car crime

Must be, mine is £520 Adrian flux 0 no claims as there on my other car ,ive got 2 tracker's fitted but don't make a difference in price 🤔 garaged and 5000 miles

You do have to pay £75 for an agreed value though

my mistake., trying to do too many things at once. only way it will come down is if i move. Only upside is that theyve agreed 20k value subject to photos, and being honest, itll be worth more than that at the end of this year. Even more next year when i have the head rebuilt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom