Polish then wax or wax then polish?

• Thread starter Deletedmember130310
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to use Duragloss Aquawax on my SLK,
1) Wash (Dodo Juice "Born to be Mild" shampoo) & rinse,
2) apply Aquawax while drying

Easy peasy.
The car always looked fantastic - perhaps we are over complicating things considering my current regime:

I use the Carlack range because the products are designed to be layered onto each other.
1) Wash (Carlack Shampoo)
2) Carlack68 (non abrasive polish and (acrylic polymer) sealant/glaze ~ 6months
3) Carlack Long Life (designed to be layered onto itself I usually do 2 or 3 layers) ~6months
4) Carlack Detailer Spray between washes - sometimes not a fan of QD.
5) Wash as needed for 6 months

5a) Pressure rinse
5b) Snowfoam
5c) If car is not particularly dirty - wash car using the snow foam on the car and a rinse bucket
5d) Pressure rinse
5e) Filtered water rinse.
5f) Leave to dry

---- I like a clean nice looking car but I don't enjoy doing the work

I go by this pretty much

Attachments

• 73CD631A-C15F-47F5-B9E4-4F4880DBC54A.jpeg
    73CD631A-C15F-47F5-B9E4-4F4880DBC54A.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 39
Nope, step 7

"Flowchart - Simple Steps to Keeping it Clean". Flowchart states clay bar (in step 3) and compound polishing (etc) as part of the routine process (step 5)....makes no sense for every wash or is the "flowchart" a one off process that you offer as part of a detailing service?

"Flowchart - Simple Steps to Keeping it Clean". Flowchart states clay bar (in step 3) and compound polishing (etc) as part of the routine process (step 5)....makes no sense for every wash or is the "flowchart" a one off process that you offer as part of a detailing service?

Dude... I’m really not sure why you’re being awkward? It’s just a generic flowchart for cleaning your car

Now those with common sense would assume that, after correcting and polishing your car that no, you don’t need to correct, clay and wax it each time.

After you’ve done the entire chart, you’d then just do maintenance washes I.e step 1 and 2

Anything else you’d like to nit-pick? :doh:

Dude... I’m really not sure why you’re being awkward? It’s just a generic flowchart for cleaning your car

Now those with common sense would assume that, after correcting and polishing your car that no, you don’t need to correct, clay and wax it each time.

The problem with common sense, is that it is not very common.

Anyone that is new to car detailing would assume that your rather authoritive "flowchart" says to clay and polish etc every wash on any car, regardless, of it's condition. The information you have now provided in the statement above partly clarifies what you meant with "your flowchart". However this it is not stated anywhere on said document, hence my efforts to fully understand what you are recommending.

I understand that sometimes constructive criticism is hard to accept however "c'est la vie".

The problem with common sense, is that it is not very common.

Anyone that is new to car detailing would assume that your rather authoritive "flowchart" says to clay and polish etc every wash on any car, regardless, of it's condition. The information you have now provided in the statement above partly clarifies what you meant with "your flowchart". However this it is not stated anywhere on said document, hence my efforts to fully understand what you are recommending.

I understand that sometimes constructive criticism is hard to accept however "c'est la vie".

Genuinely, you are the only person who has not quite understood those steps, out of thousands of people on Facebook who ask what the general consensus is around a detailing process, and get given that flowchart, a book, or similar flowcharts. Like I say, you can lead a horse to water but an idiot won’t budge

Now, either you don’t understand it, or you’re just trolling on purpose. I know this is a public forum and without people like you, it would be a tad boring in here, but give up the ghost mate

There's nothing wrong with playing Devil's Advocate to promote a debate but I think people sufficiently motivated to visit a detailing forum would immediately recognise that the Perfectly Cleaned flowchart lays out a one-off workflow for paint correction and is not a process to be repeated every time. Anybody who would think otherwise is probably not even aware such forums as this exist and would happily take their car for a pot scouring at the local European carwash should they decide the paintwork needs a little extra pep.

Genuinely, you are the only person who has not quite understood those steps, out of thousands of people on Facebook who ask what the general consensus is around a detailing process, and get given that flowchart, a book, or similar flowcharts. Like I say, you can lead a horse to water but an idiot won’t budge

Now, either you don’t understand it, or you’re just trolling on purpose. I know this is a public forum and without people like you, it would be a tad boring in here, but give up the ghost mate

I do understand that sometimes constructive criticism is hard to accept.

Nowhere on your flow chart does it make it clear that some steps are only needed for certain conditions of the paintwork. It implies that all steps are followed every time (except the maintenance). Somebody totally ignorant of the process would not know that.

Like it or not, this statement is true. Semantics, pedantic, nit-picking yes! But true!

Apologies if you feel offended at my comments but there is no need to resort to insults.

Over and out!

I do understand that sometimes constructive criticism is hard to accept.

Nowhere on your flow chart does it make it clear that some steps are only needed for certain conditions of the paintwork. It implies that all steps are followed every time (except the maintenance). Somebody totally ignorant of the process would not know that.

Like it or not, this statement is true. Semantics, pedantic, nit-picking yes! But true!

Apologies if you feel offended at my comments but there is no need to resort to insults.

Over and out!

In that case I suggest you get yourself onto google, and learn how to do it all properly yourself, like the rest of us did. We can’t baby you forever

In that case I suggest you get yourself onto google, and learn how to do it all properly yourself, like the rest of us did. We can’t baby you forever

Again with the insults.

I clearly understand the process hence, my questioning your "flow chart".

It is not rocket science, involves more brawn than brain, no degree needed - have fun.

Polish gives you the shine OP, then wax protects the shine. You can go all out in terms of all the steps :

Wash
De-tar/Iron
Clay
Wash
Polish
Glaze
Seal
Wax

You certainly don't have to do every step every time though. You'd probably only clay/polish/seal or wax every 6 months or so.

Polish gives you the shine OP, then wax protects the shine. You can go all out in terms of all the steps :

Wash
De-tar/Iron
Clay
Wash
Polish
Glaze
Seal
Wax

You certainly don't have to do every step every time though. You'd probably only clay/polish/seal or wax every 6 months or so.

What would you normally have to pay a detailer to do ALL the above steps? It sure looks like a lot of elbow grease!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom