polish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gravel

whats the best polish you can get, i know off auto etc, but there was a merc next door, all the cars on the road were full off frost, looking like ice bergs, but this one was parked over night, and looked liked it had been through a car wash?:rolleyes:

That's odd, Howard. When I clicked either of those links I had a funny smell come out of my monitor. Now what can it be... I know, it's Bull Sh#t :D

If you're posh like Howard, then Zymol is certainly one of the most expensive waxes around, and is well regarded by many - like Rod Stewart, Sultan of Brunei, et al.

If your budget is more modest, then Autoglym and Meguiars both offer good quality products at a reasonable price, and your local Halfords will carry a comprehensive range of both.

Worth mentioning that it's wax that gives a deep and wet look lustre, but is best applied over a well polished surface. Polish smooths surfaces and removes imperfections, the wax adds a layer of protection and gloss.

Best results come from using a separate polish and wax, but unless you're really serious about it, Autoglym Super Resin Polish (combined polish and wax substitute) will do a good job.

Sonus are also well regarded and I have a big box of various Sonus products in the garage hoping to be used over the Christmas break.

Hope this helps!!

That's odd, Howard. When I clicked either of those links I had a funny smell come out of my monitor. Now what can it be... I know, it's Bull Sh#t :D

What's Bull**** ?

My post ? :(

What's Bull**** ?

My post ? :(
No, most certainly not!

Please don't take offence, I was referring to the flowery puff on the Zymol pages that's used to encourage people to part with $30,000 for some car wax. Just my warped sense of humour at play :crazy:

Tell you what I use , it's the daddy ... and it's dirt cheap too ...

Harly Wax ... www.harlywax.com ...

The website is super cheesy , but the product is incredible !!!

It's a wax , so you will need to clean and polish it first , and then apply the Harlywax ...

Even on my old barge , it still makes the paintwork feel like a babys bottom ....

Honestly , try some , you will be astounded !! There are a few members on here who have used it and like it !

H

Sure I have seen posts about this elsewhere but best course of action is to use a clay bar first before polishing, removes all the little contaminants (and some big ones like tar spots) that make your paint feel rough. As far as polishing product is concerned AG SRP as mentioned earlier is certainly easy, effective & cheap. In winter I use Collinite 845 as wax, is a liquid rather than hard wax so much better in colder weather to use. Water just runs off as though your paint is teflon.

Take a look at http://www.detailingworld.co.uk if you want to get into the cleaning side a bit more seriously, I thought I was pretty obsessive until I found this site - now I feel relatively well adjusted:crazy:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom