Polished to perfection. It's a bloody Astra...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carrotchomper

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E350 CDI coupe
Chaps/esses,

I found this via various links from a Volvo forum I frequent occasionally (Far better class of poster here :p ). Essentially it is an item on a "detailing" website.

Think excessively **** polishing....

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=347865&page=1

The only aspect of this feast of over-indulgence I cannot fall out with is the re-trimmed seats. But it's still an Astra. Shiny though!:bannana:

And the Zymol royale glaze they use is £7k a tub!!! :eek: :crazy:
http://www.vertar.com/zymol/zymol-royale-glaze/

Am I being mean-spirited here? Loving one's car is all well and good, but this is TOO MUCH!!!!

Astra Astra not very dirty Astra Astra not very dirty Astra Astra not very dirty Astra Astra not very dirty Astra Astra not very dirty...

Got a feeling I've heard of tht £7k Zymol before. Was it on here?

That finish did look good and the guys at detailing world do take cleaning to another level, but it has to be said that guy loves himself just a bit too much.

That whole post was as much to pose as it was about cleaning the car.

I like the bit where they polish the headlamps, oh yes they look good but they've just stripped off the UV coating...........

No, I take all my balanced comments back. This bloke is a TOOL- He has a special car-polishing polo shirt to go with the polish. Which, incidentally, he's posing with here.:rolleyes:
IMG_0408.jpg

He might have wanted to ponder the fact that his polish of choice costs nearly half what his car did...:crazy:

It would be inappropriate to continue to personal comments about hair colour and "loaded" posters on wall, so I will refrain... ;)

The wax is Paul Daltons but Mr Tool is just showing off that he paid extra to have Royale wax on his car. Oooooo.
He probably paid Paul about £1k to polish the car.

Seriously?!?! :eek:

He might have got a discount as a fill in job and cash but £1k is nothing for this man.

You wait, once you get that CLK you'll want it like that.

If you want something to do on days off buy a paint thickness guage and a rotary polisher, oh and some clay bar and MF cloths (that's microfibre, not what you were thinking).;)

When you see the shine on these cars you WILL be jealous.

http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/auto-detailing-why.html

Have a look on detailingworld it's almost interesting....

Seriously it encouraged me to get a rotary and I am pleased with the results.

Seriously it encouraged me to get a rotary and I am pleased with the results.
:D My wife's gota rotary washing line and she's also pleased with the results :devil:

In all fairness we do use a porter cable. (not for the sheets though)

John the nice hair man XXX

:D My wife's gota rotary washing line and she's also pleased with the results :devil:

In all fairness we do use a porter cable. (not for the sheets though)

John the nice hair man XXX

Try the PC on the sheets, that silk will polish up to a lovely sheen...

One man's quest to prove, once and for all, that you can polish a turd :)

I can understand the cars Paul does, but an Astra?!

I hope that foamy stuff he covered the car with was bio-degradeable or his local stream will be looking a bit frothy!

And the 'natural sea sponge' :D

What wrong with a brush & soapstick on the end of a hose? :p

I think he also designed the rotary engine :devil:

I just can't get the spelling right :eek: :eek:

He blasts the car with a pressure washer then........ Gosh, he finds some scratches

An amazing photographic record of one man's effort to waste as much time as is humanly possible on what is, at the end of the day, a fairly mundane task... ...cleaning the car.

The last (missing) photo is of his missus running off with the milkman in his dirty Mondeo.

I'm surprised at some of the responses here. If the man wants a clean car, then let him have it.

I don't like Vauxhalls, but you have to admit they've done a fantastic job.

If he likes his car, best wishes to him. Some people spend £60,000 on a Mercedes and loose £10,000 a year in depreciation.

Carrot of Broom does have a point .....

Ok , it's a Vauxhall at the end of the day , but mines just a crappy old Merc , i'd love to get it as shiny as his car ....

Comparative cost , of car versus treatment seems strange , but if he's happy then good luck to him , you do have to admit , the car looks stunning !

:rock:

I think the owner might have a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
If the car was a $2 million Packard being entered into Pebble Beach I might understand the quest for perfection but this Vauxhall is a mass produced item.There are many like and it has little intrinsic value other than the ability to go from A to B fast which bears no relation to it being clean!

adam

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom