Polisher

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Good quality electric polisher, under £100?

Cheers

DAS-6 v2 Dual Action Car Polisher - Clean Your Car

Just bought mine from CleanYourCar, easy to use fairly light to hold, came with 5" & 6" backing pads and a 5" foam pad. Has a long cable and supplied with a carry case.
Only used it once so far but very impressed.

I also have a DAS 6, bought a few years ago, am an amateur user but found it easy and excellent. Not the only "amateur" DA polisher on the market, but I'm quite happy with mine! I use Sonus pads, but recently bought 3M blue pads 3M recommended for their Perfect-it polish, not happy with the way the pad disintegrates in use! Equally, I've had the velcro backing for a Sonus pad fail after a few post-use washes, but have been able to replace it.

Great cheers

Any recommended pastes/ waxes

Depends what you're trying to do, paint correction, polish application, wax application? For paint correction I used to use AG Bodyshop 02B and 03B, but NLA!! For polish again I used to use AG Bodyshop 01B hard polish, NLA for AG bit I did find some on Ebay. I also found, thanks to a high end bodyshop, 3M Perfect-it which is excellent - but not happy with the pad they recommended for DA application.

One thing you will need for DA work is 3M blue masking tape - the 25mm/1", to cover panel gaps and edge(window/windscreen) seals - and a water spray bottle to keep the polish moist whie using the DA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom