Poll - Black Or Silver Wheels

Wheel Colour, Black Or Silver

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
There are two optional wheel colours for my car.

Black (which it's got).

Silver.

I've never been over keen on black wheels, however, they are in keeping with the theme of the car, with it's black paint, privacy glass etc., and they have a polished rim and silver star wheel inserts.

I thought I'd throw it open to the panel for opinions, as I'm considering a change to silver.

Here are the configurator views to show you both:

I'm not ordinarily a fan of black, but I much prefer the black option.

Poll now supplied.

Black looks great! I prefer them. silver is too boring on a car such as yours. I think anthracite would be perfect as it's just the best colour for a black car!

About fifteen years ago, I ordered a set of wheels and tyres for my Landy and the guy was aghast that I chose black wheels for an (off) white vehicle. Not saying by any stretch of the imagination that I am a trend setter but every toe rag and Halfords fan (and quite a lot of other people too- not calling everyone with black wheels……...) has black wheels. Silver or titanium for me. Aesthetically silver/titanium breaks the black up, enhancing the black paintwork.

Silver or titanium for me. Aesthetically silver/titanium breaks the black up, enhancing the black paintwork.

The standard wheels are Anthracite/Titanium, which I've discounted as on a black car they are neither here nor there.

Silver bloody silver man !!!!!!!!!!

Silver, no brainer.

Black looks awful and really does make the car look like a hearse.

I think silver looks nicer, for a "normal" estate, but knowing what's under the bonnet, I think the black suits it's menacing hidden power more?
Silver would give it more of a "sleeper" look? Especially if debadged.
Just my opinion.

Neil

As you know I'm a fan of the black wheels, so much so that I have them on mine. Having said that, I've been studying the two pictures above though and can see where you're coming from with silver. It does tend to break it up a bit, especially as you have the silver accents on the car from the S pack. I can get away with black wheels as mine's a light coloured car, though silver may just suit yours.

Looking again, the silver ones do tend to give the car a "lighter/airier" look and could just work well with it. Black makes it look mean though. :D

Basically no decision from me then, but I don't have to live with it. :)

Silver would give it more of a "sleeper" look? Especially if debadged.
Just my opinion.

Neil

This will not happen with Developer, unlike me he likes badges. :D

Definitely Silver John especially after seeing it at Brooklands :thumb:

Definitely the black. It looks more special in the flesh. The silver does not look like it belongs on an amg model. It may still work in other cars and colours but not a black estate.

The lips on the black wheel tie in nicey with other accents on the car which is what makes them work so well.
I don't think there is much to change on your car. It is pure perfection.

I think all black wheels would detract from the overall aesthetic appeal of a black car such as yours. However, the polished rim breaks up the black and in my mind looks very well, ergo, I vote black.

Silver all the way !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom