Poll for Clumber gtg - Overnight stay

Where should we stay

• Travel Lodge - Worksop. Cheap, predictable perhaps limited for follow on entertainment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Travel lodge/inn - Sheffield - cheap predictable and the joys of Sheffield

• The Retford Hotel - £65 per room inc breakfast

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • other - please tell!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
Please vote only if you are staying over.

The cost of the Retford is fine with me if it has some advantage over the Travel Inn - ie rooms are same or better and has nice bar or somthing if we don't want to stray too far.....

Otherwise I really can't tell - not local at all.

We only really need somewhere to get a pleasant hot meal and then a table to sit around and drink!

Have got details coming through for the Retford - but it looks like it might not include breakfast. But I'm going to negotiate and see if I could get it thrown in for us. ;)

They're also going to send me a menu n stuff as I'm not sure if there idea of informal dining will match ours :crazy:

Watch this space

OK guys - here it is - I've had the details through from the Retford and it looks great. Menu is good - not formal at all - we can eat in the bar. For example:

Breaded Mushrooms - £3.95
Burger, salad and fries - £6.95
Sausage n mash - -£7.95
Rump Steak and trimmings £12.95

There are veggy options too

Restaurant menu is also excellent:
Crab cakes - £5.25
Duck and redcurrant sauce - £ 12.25
Fillet steak - £16.50

usual side dishes available etc.

I have negotiated breakfast in the room rate so £65 per room (inc the family room Patrick) which would normally be £10.95 so I reckon that's just the biz. No need to woory about taxi's or finding anything suitable.

I've taken the liberty of reserving five rooms and have reserved them in my name (Gair).

At the mo we have staying:
Me n hub
Graham
Mr n Mrs Pietre &
Patrick n family

If anyone else is interested in staying in this lovely country hotel and making a night of it - please let me know and I can add names with the hotel. Please let me know by say Saturday noon.

If anyone has a real problem with any of these arrangements - again - let me know.

All good, thanks.

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE THOUGH!

Come on Scott, make an evening of it, it's a long way from London!

Last edited:
Don't know whether I will be making the GTG (F3, GT & TVR Tuscans are at Brands that weekend!), but I have to say well done Pammy for the organising - good job! :D

Do we get reserved parking so we can take pics with the hotel as a backdrop? All of those classy Mercs cant do the hotel too bad for publicity even with Pammys silver beast there, hee hee. Many thanks to Pammy for the organising. Any joy on the bbq front, i have a electric cool box so i can bring some food up if reqd or we can form a kitty (no Pammy thats not a cat), any suggestions?

I don't have any real strong views on the daytime food. But it would perhaps be better if this was discussed on the main thread for those not staying to see ;)

Voted.

Would like to attend if it is on 2nd October would like to book a room for two do I need to book in myself or are you doing the booking as a group if so do I need to send you a deposit
Sid

Sidney - if you'd like to ring the hotel and say yuo're with Mrs Gair's party but an extra - so would like to book an extra room making 6 in total - cheers.

Flyer said:
Don't know whether I will be making the GTG (F3, GT & TVR Tuscans are at Brands that weekend!), but I have to say well done Pammy for the organising - good job! :D

I know, am marshalling the event.
Maybe able to get you some FREE tickets :bannana: :bannana:

GRAV888 said:
I know, am marshalling the event.
Maybe able to get you some FREE tickets :bannana: :bannana:

Sounds good! :) Tell me more ...

Did anyone enquire what the cost of a pint is at this place?

I always forget Hotel bars can be painfully expensive!

Graham - I've no idea - the restaurant prices look OK - but drinks I guess could be a bit more pricey :crazy: Hotels usually are :(

GrahamC230K said:
Did anyone enquire what the cost of a pint is at this place?

I always forget Hotel bars can be painfully expensive!

Tell me about it, just had a weekend in Yorkshire. Had a drink in the hotel bar, a round was £12.75.

The round consisted of a pint of lager and a Tia Maria and coke. :devil: After a much heated discussion with the bar manager I had to pay up, the pint lasted a very long time!!

Came home past Clumber park so if I don't make it next week I can still say I have been there (nearly)

jimmy said:
Tell me about it, just had a weekend in Yorkshire. Had a drink in the hotel bar, a round was £12.75.

The round consisted of a pint of lager and a Tia Maria and coke. :devil: After a much heated discussion with the bar manager I had to pay up, the pint lasted a very long time!!

Came home past Clumber park so if I don't make it next week I can still say I have been there (nearly)

You got any road angels left Jimmy?

Flyer said:
Sounds good! :) Tell me more ...

Sorted.
Go to the paddock entrance and see bob or paul.
Tell them Graeme, the superbike marshal with the silver mercedes said have you got any cheap tickets.
Bob can easily be found as he has white hair in the style of worzel gummidge, but don't tell him that or he'll charge you double. :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom