Poll: Penalty points - do you know anyone who has taken others points for them ?

How many people do you know have taken points for others ?

• No one.

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • One person

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Two people

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • More than two people

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55
OK, following the speed camera thread, and the chap that got jailed in Manchester for perverting the cause of justice for lying on the speeding ticket form

Heres a poll - how many people do you know that have taken points on their licence for a friend/partner/spouse/money.

I think its very widespread - lets find out !!

Your name will not be shown with what you voted!

Richard

Cant say that I know of anyone ever doing this but it wouldn't suprise me if someone has.I know of someone(not personally) who has been driving for about ten years now,Nothing odd about it.Only 4 months ago they were over the moon about the fact they had just passed their driving test!!!!

If someone had done this, wouldn't they keep quiet about it ?

I think the answer lies in the poll, how many people have polled that they know people and not posted!

My OH's mum took a speed camera fine for her, but no licence points involved (in Germany).

I think the practice is very common hence the introduction of those cameras that photograph the driver. Doesnt catch the motorcycles though;)

You havn't been flashed on the A3 have you?

This thing happens all the time no doubt. Probably not wise to mention/admit to it on the Forum in detail. I have heard of wives taking the wrap for their husbands before.

pluggers said:
Cant say that I know of anyone ever doing this but it wouldn't suprise me if someone has.I know of someone(not personally) who has been driving for about ten years now,Nothing odd about it.Only 4 months ago they were over the moon about the fact they had just passed their driving test!!!!

ROSPA or IAM? :devil: :devil: :devil:

There were stories of college students or uni grads taking the wrap for a fee, especially from overseas.

Anyone done a poll on licence points yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom