Poll: TFL to introduce ULEZ in 2020

Do you agree with TFL's ULEZ proposal for 2020?

• No to ULEZ

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Yes to ULEZ

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wongl

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180CDI, B200d, C300h, SLK250
Just received an email from TFL about their plans to introduce an Ultra Low Emission Zone in 2020 using the existing Congestion Charge boundary. The charge for vehicles failing to meet their ULEZ level will be £100/day for HGV and £12.50/day for Cars/Van/Bikes. This will be on top of the CC fee.

You can have your say on the TFL site via https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/environment/ultra-low-emission-zone/consultation/intro/view

Of no matter to me......the congestion charge has already excluded me permanently from London (Sundays excepted......maybe).

I do not do public transport (except flying of course) and I consider the charge to be punitive and quite unnecessary so I refuse to pay.

Mic

Anyone know whether the new merc diesels (post 2016) will qualify for exemption?

Have t say yes to TfL's initiative, esp as a daily cyclist. The air is horrible sometimes and can't be doing us any good. I love cars but several better ways to get around London.

I think for 'work' within the capital this shouldn't be raised, it's ridiculous.

Surveys need to be done, buildings to be built and maintained, food and water to be delivered, safety inspections etc etc

Commuters maybe, could use public transport but for things that are needed this is stupid

Free public transport and subsidised taxi fairs (for EV taxis!) would acheive the same effect, albeit at the taxpayers' expense.

Further taxing will cause service prices to rise... and then the cost of living goes up... and then workers rightly demand pay increase to catch up with the rising cost of living... which causes service prices to rise again... it's a vicious circle.

Set of false plates when entering London should do the trick :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom