Pollen filter changed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaunB

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W213 Designo Hyacinth E63
Gus

I put a new pollen filter into my W209 CLK55 - old filter was pretty filthy.

I've noticed that the car mists up quite a lot now though.
Any thoughts on why that might be?

Its fine while driving, but parked it up after maybe a 30 minute drive and all the windows looked to have misted.
OK, it was only 2 degrees outside, and the interior would have been about 22 degrees

Nope, hadn't used it.

It doesn't stay misted by the way, it does eventually clear on its own.

You’re supposed to use the A/C all the time… summer or winter.

Dec

Have you checked for coolant loss? (could be a leaking heater matrix).

Are you getting rain water leaking in? Wet/damp carpets in footwells etc?

Sometimes having a car full of passengers can cause this (School runs)

At the end of the day the moisture is coming from somewhere

No damp carpets, haven't checked coolant in fairness.

OK, wet feet I suppose as a result of getting in the car, plus I guess a bit of rain on the coat.
The windows cleared on their own after a while, don't know for sure how long 30 - 60 mins maybe.

I wonder - is it possible I didn't seat the filter housing correctly before closing the three clips?

Hi shaunB - did you find the fault with your windows misting? my windows will not clear at all.
but i shall check the above.

As a side note try getting the moisture traps you get for caravans from pound landot b&m and stick one under the seats it won't why your having this prob but will reduce the amount of moisture in the car I always have one in the car for winter

Hi shaunB - did you find the fault with your windows misting? my windows will not clear at all.
but i shall check the above.

You see, my windows did clear on their own.
I'm putting it down to wet feet, warm breath and cold temperatures outside at this stage.

It's been so wet recently that my front carpets have got a bit wet and this causes misting.
If you run your climate control on recirculate, this should dehumidify the air in the car and assist with drying.
It's more efficient in summer, but should still work in winter.

Another thing to eliminate is to check under the door shuts, where the rubber is that no water is stored and also along the frame etc to make sure its dry as these could contribute to the car misting up?

Oh and check the boot / boot mat is dry as I had a leaky bottle of fluid in a w203 and it caused the windscreen to stay wet, in addition to damaging my esp yaw sensor!

The A/c is on by default, if I turn mine off (Red LED on) the windows sometimes stem up… I suppose the switch is for steaming up the windows.

Dec

On by default - really?

LED on means off - well I never :D

You’re supposed to use the A/C all the time… summer or winter.

Dec
Well,. it seems I was using A/C after all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom