Pollen filter filth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CarFan79

Car
W204 C220
Having only owned my C-Class for a couple of years it was due a B service recently. I set about the service and when it came to the pollen filter I was shocked! Full service history but no mention of the pollen filter being changed but the two clips that go either end of the filter were missing so the filter has been changed at some point. Anyway a picture says a thousand words. First picture is the intake side. Second the back. Third a close up 🤢 I'm away to buy an Aircon bomb! _20210707_163020.JPG_20210707_163225.JPG_20210707_163244.JPG

Last edited:
Classic 'full service history.....er except for the cabin filter' It is inexcusable on a car where it takes quite literally less than a minute to do (my S203) but you can see why many get 'forgotten' at the dealership when you have to change one on an old Vauxhall Zafira A , complete PITA on that car.

I would imagine that the cabin/pollen filter is possibly one of the most missed service items on older cars that are not dealer serviced.

Isn't most of that black just impregnated carbon you can see.
On the first picture yes but the other side is pure mould, I'm surprised it didn't smell tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom