Pollen filter W246 (B class) - something obstructing its removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

realevil

Car
B200 2017
Hi,

Found the filter (passenger footwell) but there is a plastic box blocking me from pulling out the old filter/replacing it. I can start taking it off but wanted to check if its important/anything to worry about?

Thanks,

Neil

Hi. I think this was discussed yesterday. Do a quick search 'cabin filter' hope this helps.

Thanks - have found that post. Im not in front of car now but seems like it would be very hard to wiggle it out... will take another look after work.

Thanks - it did come out.

On a related note I am going to replace with a Mann (apparently decent brand!?) air filter today. The one in there is genuine Mercedes. At the next service will this be flagged as an issue (the car is under warranty)? I could keep the old one and swap over nearer the time I suppose... not sure how strict they are?

It should not be flagged as an issue, unless you make a warranty claim regarding the climate control system and MB say it may have been caused by a faulty/incorrect filter.

But if the car is being serviced by the MB dealer... why not just let them change the pollen filter when it's due (with Service B / every 2 years, from memory)?

I recently bought the car and after the initial valet smells had gone there is a very (very) faint whiff of cigarettes. Changing the air filter seems like a prudent step - am also considering a steam/ozone clean though that’s probably overkill

I would imagine that the difference in price between an after market filter and an original MB one would be minimal. I think the last time I changed a cabin filter it cost circa £12.
The air filter on the other hand should not be contaminated by smells eminating from the vehicle interior.

One I done few weeks ago had the auxiliary battery in the way below it. I had to remove it to get the new filter in properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom