pollen filters £65 ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G-A-R-Y

Car
W210 320 CDI Estate
I was quoted £17 for a pair of pollen filters at the main agents. When I opened the box and they were wrong.
The correct filters (because I have automatic air con) cost a staggering £65 plus VAT
Euro car parts £ 50 plus VAT
There must be a cheaper way. Can I put them in the washing machine?

I was quoted £17 for a pair of pollen filters at the main agents. When I opened the box and they were wrong.
The correct filters (because I have automatic air con) cost a staggering £65 plus VAT
Euro car parts £ 50 plus VAT
There must be a cheaper way. Can I put them in the washing machine?

That sounds like the price for the charcoal filters the pollen paper filters should be cheaper I have the digital climate control on my W210 and I purchased some filters 4 months ago they were around £23 for both from Mercedes

That sounds like the price for the charcoal filters the pollen paper filters should be cheaper I have the digital climate control on my W210 and I purchased some filters 4 months ago they were around £23 for both from Mercedes

Mercedes told me I can't have both types?

The filters I'm on about came from the passengers foot-well area (dirty and black)

If I have pollen filter as well, where would they be?

Mercedes told me I can't have both types?

Don't know about your model, which might very well come with only one or the other, but there are definitely Mercs that have both, including my s-class.

There are two pollen filters (behind the glove box in mine, I think) and two separate charcoal filters (under the glove box I think):

hvac.jpg

Number 20 are the pollen/dust filters, number 22 are the charcoal filters (3 is the flap operated by the filter button on the climate control).

The black ones in the footwell are charcoal filters, well they cost £65.

The pollen filters i located under the bonnet, at the base of the windscreen.

Does anyone know how to get to these pollen filter, tried to get the glove box out but can't.

Unscrew all four screws holding it in and use a plastic wegde of some description (so you do not damage the trim) on the top of it and lever it down slightly while pulling the glove box out.

At the back you will see a white plastic arm which needs to be slid down and the cover will come off.

BINGO

If its a Digital screen climate controled W210 like mine then you have the 2 charcoal filters in the footwell and the pollen filters are behind the glovebox

You have to get the glove box out there are a lot of obvious screws undo them and then gently ease the glove box out

The POLLEN filters are behind there

Here are mine I did a few months back

Thanks lads, you're right.
2 x charcoal filters plus 2 x pollen filters for cars with automatic air conditioning.
Pollen filter were black and I don't think the charcoal filters have ever been changed.
I went to Euro car parts in the end. The Merc charcoal filters £75 inc that was with a discount.
That glove box was difficult to get out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom