Poly belt tensioner.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GRAV888

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 CLA 180 AMG in Black (mine) 2018 GLA 200 SE in Black (wifes)
Had a bad experience last week. Got a nasty grinding noise from engine on my C180 Elite. So I took it to Mercedes Benz in Maidstone. They told me that the poly belt tensioner had had it. They fitted one on next day (not in stock), but told me I had a problem with my air conditioning compressor. The noise the car made when I got it back was 100 times worse than when I took it in!! After numerous calls to them and 4 return visits, it turned out they had forgotten to fit a modification which was a damper fitted to the tensioner. There was nothing wrong with the A/C at all. Were they trying to get £800+ from me for nothing or do their mechanics not know what they are doing? Something to bear in mind if you visit them. Be warned.

Hi "GRAV888",

Good to see the Medway Division is rapidly growing :bannana: .

Am I correct in thinking Maidstone MB is the parent company for Medway Mercedes :crazy: .

There well liked (Not) by a few of us here.

u mean Pulley ;)

common fault!

Yes Paul. They are the parent company for Medway Mercedes.
Had a few bad experiences with them too. I have found a good bloke on Medway City Estate now. Cheaper too!!!:D :bannana:
Just ordered Green Filter. Hope they are as good as they say.

Originally posted by GRAV888
I have found a good bloke on Medway City Estate now. Cheaper too!!!:D :bannana:

Spill the beans who???:cool: :D

:rolleyes: I think they are called "MERCS".:rolleyes:
If you go onto the estate, take the second right.(can't think of road name, but is the one after maritime close). Take the first left, follow round to right, then to left and they are up in left hand corner of units. Is easier than it sounds.;)
I'll get full address tomorrow morning on my way back from work and post it on here.:D

Last edited:
Mainly Mercs
Dickens Court
Enterprise Close
Medway City Estate.
Rochester. Kent.

01634-717400

Gonna try and get a discount for MB Club members. Will keep you posted of any developments.

Last edited:
You're lucky. I had to pay for mine. £210 inc vat. My warranty company said they dont cover that. At least they paid for the heater blower motor though. Good luck on monday.
Just going to find out about having mine chipped !!:bannana: :bannana:
Graeme

Originally posted by GDC200
Had my tensioner done under warranty today. At least I didnt have to pay! They were supposed to pick up the car at 9.00am and return by lunch. They came at 11.00 am and returned it at 4.30 pm. At least it's been done.

One thing made me smile the driver commented on how well it went for a C200. Funny we thought that as well !!!:D ;)

I see that Medways were bang on with their timing again. NOT !!! :p :p LOL

Originally posted by GDC200
I guess the more choice of garages we,ve got the better! Has Greens of Rainham sold Medway Mercedes? I thought Medway got a stay of execution until next year when it was to be shut and replaced by a Mercedes GB service centre on Gillingham Business park?

I didnt know that a new dealer was opening on the business park :confused: .

Mind you I didnt realise the Vauhall garage was all part of the same group when I had my Omega serviced there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom