Polybushes for older Mercs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mj2k

Car
2000 Subaru Legacy GT (remapped to 300bhp)
My W210 handles excellently on the twisty roads round here thanks to it's new lowered springs and AMG wheels, but it's a bit rattly and clunky over potholes. So I decided to replace the ARB links, and checked out how much suspension bushes would be. Not cheap.

Then I checked out strongflex.eu - I've used their bushes on my GTA and they're as good as Powerflex but softer in 'red' type, so gave them a checkout. Sure enough, they do W210 bushes (unlike Powerflex) along with bushes for a lot of older Mercs, e.g. W124, CLK , SLK, etc and at least for the W210 the're cheaper than OEM or 3rd party bushes.

...And here's the killer - with a bit of careful work you can get the bushes at an even bigger discount!

1) Find the parts on strongflex UK
2) Go to strongflex.eu and look up the parts (some part numbers are different on the W210 and the UK ones are cheaper)
3) Check out whether it's cheaper to order in EUR or GBP from their site (current exchange rate makes it cheaper in GBP)
4) Enter ALFA5 as the discount code (5% off, maybe there's one for Mercs too)

Doing that little lot I saved around £60 compared with Strongflex UK, so well worth a extra few clicks...

Good work. Let us know how you got them out and in.

Will do when they arrive and I've got the chance to take the '210 off the road :)

I've already got a small hydraulic press, so assuming everything hasn't rusted in place it shouldn't be too much of a hassle, but better wait 'til I've got the Alfa back just in case it does take the car off the road for several weeks.

They arrived yesterday, so just got to get the 320 off the road so I can start work.

What a lot of bushes!

BWQW76.jpg

What was the total bill if you dont mind me asking

Total cost was £153.35 using the sneaky discount method above :thumb:

That was for:
Rear track control arm Inner bush x2 15,40£
Rear control arm - inner bush x6 36,72£
Rear control arm - outer bush x6 36,72£
Front lower arm - front bush x2 28,44£
Front lower arm - rear bush x2 34,36£

Users who are viewing this thread

Back