Polycharger - Steriods for Car Polish and Wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
With my latest purchase from Autopia ( http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink...4u+index.html+ ) I decided to get one of the latest product being used by the USA car enthusiasts. Its called polycharger and is a catalyst for car wax which promotes polymer cross linking (Sorry for being technical).

Anyway in real life this means in theory:
Car wax is enhanced by 400% so you only have to put wax on the vehicle 4 times less :D

The finish is amazing :D :D

You can wash your car with fairy liquid without it washing the wax off :eek: (I am not going to try this)

Wax cures quicker, great for british weather :rolleyes:

You mix it with wax just before you use it as Polycharged wax has a shelf life of 48 hours, after that it turns into a lump of cheese.

Anyway I got some of this stuff, washed the car today and used polycharged Sonus Glanz detailing spray to give it a quick wipe over and I must say I am impressed. The finish is definately much better.

My neighbours who have caught my car care bug and myself are going to give it a good test this bank holiday weekend by giving the cars a good clean and wax with Polycharged products.

Anyway check out:

www.polycharger.com for details of the product and claims

and

http://autopia.org/forum/polycharger/

for the discussion thread of all the brave people testing it. One chap has used polycharged wax and has washed his car 30 times with fairy liquid and water is still beading :cool:

I have always rated Zymol Cream Wax but have found the Auto Glym Radiant Polish Wax to be even better and easier to apply and it removes all scratches as well as leave a nice deep shine all in one step.

WOW. What type of cheese does it turn into? I hope is a good stilton!!

I always thought Fairy Liquid contains salt.
Sponging salt water into every crevice of your car's bodywork can't be a good idea?

The issue with Fairy is it strips wax off a car and is therefore sometimes used to prepare a vehicle for touching up and painting.

Polycharged product is so tuff it stops the wax being removed.

But I agree I wont be rushing out with the Fairy

The issue with Fairy is it strips wax off a car and is therefore sometimes used to prepare a vehicle for touching up and painting.
Other than Fairy, what else can be used to strip off wax before touching in a chip? Or is it not worth worrying about?

Other than Fairy, what else can be used to strip off wax before touching in a chip? Or is it not worth worrying about?

A little T Cut can also do the job as paintwork can be painted afterwards. Or best of all a little Autoglym Tar Remover as this is solvent based and will prepare the Paint. Just dab it on the area of the stone chip.

See also:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-paint-polish-clinic.html

This will give you tips on touching up.

Polycharger tested this weekend

Decided to test the Polycharger this weekend on Wifey's Honda FRV and I must say so far I am very impressed.

I washed and clayed the car, then gave it a quick going over with Polycharged Klasse all in one (AIO) (with the Porter Cable) and then gave it a coat of Polycharged Klasse Sealent Glaze (SG) by hand. Left the vehicle overnight and gave it an other coat of Sealent Glaze (about 18 hours later).

Mixing Polycharger into the wax was easy with the bottles provided, I used 1.5 fluid oz of Klasse AIO and 1 fluid oz of Klasse SG (per coat). I tried to re-use the bottles and clean them out but the polycharged products do create a layer on the inside of the mixing bottle so the recomendation that you buy a new mixing bottle from your local chemist each time you use polycharger is probably correct. So in total I have used about 6 droppers full. Which means I seem to have nearly a full bottle left and there is no way I can use all this up in 12 months. I must have enough to do about 30 cars in the bottle.

The results - Quite amazing :D. I found that the Polycharged AIO produced a great swirl free finish and was easier to remove than none polycharged product. The biggest difference was noticed with the SG. I can honestly say that one coat of Polycharged SG gives the same sort of finish I normally get with 3 coats of SG spaced 24 hours apart. The paint surface is incredibly slick and with a great high gloss. It rained overnight and the beading is amazing and water can be blown off the vehicle by giving the paintwork a quick puff. Once the car was driven to 20 mph all the water just blow off leaving the paintwork clear.

So with regard to the polycharger claims.
"Improve gloss, clarity and slickness of finish" It definatly does what it says on the tin :D
"Cut your car care effort in half" Yes as you seem to get the same or better finish with less layers of wax.:D
"Wax durability increased by 400%" Not sure yet I will have to let you know in a few months, remember Klasse AIO with Klasse SG can last 12 months so does this mean it will last 4 years? I doubt it but if it means the car only needs a good clay and polish once a year that would be great :rolleyes:

"User may experience excessive vehicle envy and a significat increase in spare time" Yes, already neighbours are amazed at finish. Increase in free time? Not if I have to help them do their cars.

Biggest problem now is my Black E Class that I spent ages doing a few weeks ago does not look as good (this was 2 coats of swirl buster and 4 coats of SG!):mad: Wifey has even noticed and is saying her car is looking better than mine!!:mad: :mad: So actually, it will not save me time as next weekend I am going to have to do the E Class with Polycharged products to restore the balance of power on our drive. So in conclusion I give Polycharger a Goldfish thumbs up.

Attached are a couple of photos, light levels were not good but it gives you a feel for the finish and beading. You can also say the E Class in the reflection.:bannana:

Attachments

• Klasse Finish.jpg
    Klasse Finish.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Klassefinish2.jpg
    Klassefinish2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom