Pool Table Barrel Lock Woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mozzer

Car
Disco and E250 Cab
Any nefarious types on here have any advice on how to pick / drill / find skeleton keys for the barrel locks on my pool table ?

One of my beautiful yet, bl00dy frustrating daughters seem to have seen the sparkly keys twinkling on their hook and now they are lost :(

Need to get into the table because the tracks needs sorting.

Given that it is your property and within a closed environment, I'd start with a small metal drill bit and go right through the key slot.

Progress through larger bits using the previous hole as a pilot and eventually the lock mechanism should either fall apart or allow you to use a screwdriver to open.

The hard bit might actually be in finding a replacement barrel lock.

You may also want to consider contacting a company that services the brand of table you have.

It's hard to teach someone how to pick a lock, but it's easy for you to learn how to drill a lock out.

Follow LTD's very good advice and you'll not go far wrong; make sure that you buy decent drill bits though...

Thanks, was hoping to save the locks, but have subsequently found 4 replacements on e-bay for less than £20, so the drilling begins tomorrow (might be a bit late to start now).

are you sure she hasnt put them down the holes? Thats where most things end up in my pool table... luckily I dont lock it!

Not sure, I was just on the phone to an expert who has told me that if I take the aluminium sides off, then unbolt the cushions I should be able to lift the slate without lifting the frame.

If that is the case, I will be able to take the locks out without drilling and then can get a replacement key - if they aren't already in the mechanism as you suggest.

How much would it cost to get a locksmith out? A lot less hassle...

Locksmiths have told me they can't provide a key, they would simply drill them out, not much point paying someone to drill when I can do that myself.

Locksmiths have told me they can't provide a key, they would simply drill them out, not much point paying someone to drill when I can do that myself.

They don't need to provide a key, just pick the lock!! A good 'smith would have that open in seconds.

Bic - epic fail, I dont have any pens in the house now.

Drill - epic win - and bl00dy great fun being so destructive.

Fully expect to find the keys this morning !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom