Poor Experience of Michelin Customer Services

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
:wallbash::wallbash:I'd like to rant a little to my friends on this forum about my experience of poor customer service from Michelin.

Whilst my complaint was of low financial value it may make others here consider not buying Michelin Wiper Blades.

I bought a pair of Michelin Stealth Wiper blades for my car and when fitting the plastic clip into the wiper the pin became loose & fell out. The retailer I'd bought the blades from was too far to travel I contacted Michelin customer services directly expressing the faulty product and asked for a replacement.

Several e mails later the contact at Michelin named Stacey Jackson, was adamant the product didn't fit the hooked arms on my CL203 & has refused to replace the item. I find this strange as the retail packing clearly states the blade does fit my car.

I'm completely against Michelin now & whilst I'm positive my meagre purchases won't upset them at all, I have just bought 4 Continental Conti Sports tyres as an alternative to Michelin.

Maybe other members will consider avoiding Michelin Stealth wiper Blades

Last edited:
It can be seen in your picture that the wiper doesn't fit the arm but your recourse is via the seller, not the manufacturer according to UK consumer law.

The Michelin website seems to show no parts suitable for the C coupe?

I had something similar with Bosch wipers from Halfords on a Nissan Juke.

The main wiper simply collapsed and the smaller one had a clip situation similar to your picture.

They thought I'd fitted them wrong but the Nissan OEM wipers I've fitted 30 minutes before I got a refund have been fine for 2 months and counting, now.

I will be sticking with OEM wipers from now on!

The Michelin website seems to show no parts suitable for the C coupe?

If this is the case then the OP should ask for his post to be modified.

I retail various wiper blades and tbh its hard to beat the Oe blades on Mb's, i also sell the Michelin blades for various vehicles but i do not have a listing against a w203 so summit is up,

MSW12922 fits the following MB C-Class cars:

2z4wp08.jpg

The above is from:

Michelin Catalogue

Which model of C-Class do you have?

Last edited:
I retail various wiper blades and tbh its hard to beat the Oe blades on Mb's, i also sell the Michelin blades for various vehicles but i do not have a listing against a w203 so summit is up,

If the car is a CL203/W203, then this is correct - neither the catalogue nor the online selector seem to have wiper blades listed for it:

Michelin Online Wiper Blade Selector

Ms. Stacey Jackson may have a point...?

there wholesaler we use updates catalogues via MAM software, and currently does not show w203's as fitment

May be down to the fact that Mercedes may have changed the type of wiper arm/blade in 2008 when the CL203 became the CLC and production moved to Brasil?

I learnt a long time ago when it comes to wipers and some other items, with Mercedes it is best to stick to original equipment. I have had trouble with even parts made by the manufacturer who supply Mercedes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom