poor fuel consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

magentalic

Car
clk 270 cdi
hi all just bought a c class 220 cdi estate 2008 fantastic car runs lovely, however it is only doing about 35 mpg. i have noticed that the facelift model gives a much higher mpg figure from 41.5 for mine to 54.3.just wondering what is the difference after all it is the same engine.also should mine be doing more and why isnt it.i have tried nursing it.

Colder weather, short trips, engine not getting to full operating temp, stop/start traffic, high speeds, all contribute to poor mpg.

The engine model changed during the W204 run, I have a 2008 which has the OM646 engine, later cars had the OM651 I believe. I get between 35-40 depending on the run.

Do you know which engine model you have?
I have the later OM651 and to be honest in this weather on short cold trips mpg isnt great, dont beieve published figures these are never right.

Take it on a run, they are amazing on fuel on a run.

I have a c220 w205 on a 15 plate and recently did a weekend run to Kent and back to Devon and got 46ish mpg and that was with a fairy expedient return journey.

This is the best I've done with my OM646 engine

full

Reactions: BMF
2005 C270cdi, probably one of the best diesel engines MB ever produced..

26082008.jpg

hi all just bought a c class 220 cdi estate 2008 fantastic car runs lovely, however it is only doing about 35 mpg. i have noticed that the facelift model gives a much higher mpg figure from 41.5 for mine to 54.3.just wondering what is the difference after all it is the same engine.also should mine be doing more and why isnt it.i have tried nursing it.

My c250 has averaged 38 mpg over the last 10 months. Average journey of 8 miles each way. The further you go the better it becomes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom