Poor Girl, a10 Enfield apparently Warning graphic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When you're late for work it's amazing what you can achieve with a tail wind

Sorry but she got what she asked for ,no tears this side .... Better a tree than a child or anyone walking down the path at the time.

i Dont see how someone can even have the heart to say some thing like that.
OK it could have been worse but the poor girl lost her life due to the speed she was traveling at, shes is young infact very young and got a bit too excited!
im sure we would all give a little blast if we were given a a super car just for a tiny bit of thrill! but again she was young and took it over the top but she DID not deserve this, No one does!

the poor girl didnt even get a chance to regret the mistake she has made! :-(

Is the driver still in there? I can’t help but think the car would not be left like that had the emergency services attended.

RIP
Yes 100% still in the wreck. Zero sign of Fire brigade cutting roof off etc. Ugly stuff , Reminds me of a wreck I passed by many years ago, but here and now is not the time for that discussion.

I have taken a 'drive' along the Great Cambridge road through Enfield that links the North Circular with the M25 using Google map street view.

Any sympathy I might have had for the deceased is now gone. Take a look, I wouldn't want to drive along there at anything over the speed limit in broad daylight.

i Dont see how someone can even have the heart to say some thing like that.
OK it could have been worse but the poor girl lost her life due to the speed she was traveling at, shes is young infact very young and got a bit too excited!
im sure we would all give a little blast if we were given a a super car just for a tiny bit of thrill! but again she was young and took it over the top but she DID not deserve this, No one does!

the poor girl didnt even get a chance to regret the mistake she has made! :-(
At this stage , we can't discount the possibility of a vehicle defect ( however unlikely ) . It is not unknown for throttles to jam wide open , whether due to carpets or other objects entangling with the pedals , broken return springs or other mechanical defects ; then 'drive by wire' in newer cars opens up other possibilities .

While there is no suggestion that anything like this happened , we don't know that it didn't and the unfortunate girl might have been a terrified passenger in an out of control projectile .

The driver of a second car, also a white Mercedes, stopped at the scene. He was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and was in custody in a police station in north London today. A Met spokesman said: “It is believed that the victim’s car and a second vehicle were travelling at excess speed at the time of the incident.”

Sounds like the Police think they were racing.

Reactions: 219
I know , but stories on social media are not evidence and more often than not unreliable.

For all the gossips know , the car could have been out of control and the boyfriend frantically chasing after it .

I wouldn’t care to speculate what actually happened, but there is no real evidence to point one way or the other , as far as what has been made public shows .

Therefore I would view unpleasantly critical remarks about the unfortunate deceased as premature and prejudicial to say the least .

One the facts are known we can form better opinions .

I know , but stories on social media are not evidence and more often than not unreliable.

For all the gossips know , the car could have been out of control and the boyfriend frantically chasing after it .

I wouldn’t care to speculate what actually happened, but there is no real evidence to point one way or the other , as far as what has been made public shows .

Therefore I would view unpleasantly critical remarks about the unfortunate deceased as premature and prejudicial to say the least .

Don't forget the guestimate of the speed.

In general I would agree (especially about certain comments on here) but I'm reminded that if it's got a flat bill,webbed feet and quacks - it's a duck. There may be no tangible evidence, but the circumstantial evidence is fairly damning (and post #48?)

I’m not disagreeing ; on the balance of probabilities it probably is what it appears to be .

However , none of us here know for certain just yet , so some of the less charitable comments are , I think , both premature and out of order while other possibilities exist .

A malfunctioning car going wildly out of control , with a young inexperienced driver at the wheel , and a loving partner desperately trying to keep up could still account for what has been reported.

Anything is possible, however the evidence would all seem to point one way. I would have thought there were enough people in the world trying to excuse just about anything - wouldn't you? ( By the way,until there's an inquest, with an examination of the car, we won't have any(most) of the facts, so I think, let the matter rest?)

Inside the world of street racing
Maybe the poor deceased lady was participating in one of these races.

I've encountered some of these characters myself a few times , with some even driving on the wrong side of the road racing each other on a 30mph town centre for example . very very irresponsible and dangerous . the only upside is at least you can usually hear them from a long way off !

What is crazy about this particular incident and stretch of road is that there have been 40mph speed cameras here for many many years. It was only in the last 2-3 years or so that the have been removed.

In Enfield where there have always been 'boy racers' for 20-30 years it is no surprise that this section is camera free. At least make it a 50mph zone.

I understand these youngsters need a place to drive. I was young/silly once so understand it all. There are tons of places especially in Enfield/Brimsdown where a remote commercial area could be created for them to go. Even create a small track of no profit maybe subsidised, maybe even partially run by volunteers from these groups.

Surely this would be better than it happening on public roads where innocent people and families will get caught up in it. Incidents will happen in these high power cars even in low powered cars with inexperienced drivers. If they want to drive in these places it will be private, with no insurance and if they hurt themselves it is their issue and no public are involved.

My dad used to go banger racing somewhere in Enfield years ago with some others in my family. I am sure that place has long gone.

Maybe even a new karting track in Enfield even though I know Rye House is not far away.

There are tons of places especially in Enfield/Brimsdown where a remote commercial area could be created for them to go. Even create a small track of no profit maybe subsidised, maybe even partially run by volunteers from these groups.

That could never happen - imagine the liability implications of any kind of accident at an officially sanctioned site.

IMHO the problem with 'boy racers' now is the performance of the cars they have. When I was a young lad I certainly did some silly stuff, but it was rather limited by 90 bhp and cross-ply tyres :D

Indeed - you can lease a 300bhp hatch for peanuts these days. I did some daft things in my Marina in the 80s but it was never that dangerous, it simply couldn't corner or accelerate that fast. And yes I know modern cars are far more tough and safe now, but it's still not going to save you if you hit a tree at 140mph.

That could never happen - imagine the liability implications of any kind of accident at an officially sanctioned site.

IMHO the problem with 'boy racers' now is the performance of the cars they have. When I was a young lad I certainly did some silly stuff, but it was rather limited by 90 bhp and cross-ply tyres :D

Not really much different to a track really is it as long as certain rules are met? We sign our lives away on track day disclaimers in a similar way.

Agreed on the performance levels. My first car was a MK1 1300s Astra with 75bhp but never stopped me going too fast on occasion. Certainly still fast enough to have a serious accident or cause a fatality.

Went to 100bhp MG Metro Turbo, then 115bhp Cavalier then Cavalier SRi 130, then upto 170, then 200 so a slow progression.

As you say easy for youngsters now to get into a 500bhp car for 10k insured or not. That has to be a failing really.

I'm starting to look for and find fun at much lower power levels. The TVR is only a 4.0 V8 with 240bhp and is plenty plenty fast enough for the road.

As you say easy for youngsters now to get into a 500bhp car for 10k insured or not. That has to be a failing really.

They could adopt a similar approach to motorcycles where you have to gain experience before riding the more powerful models. The insurance premiums do that to some extent but on the other hand if we talking about uninsured drivers it won't make any difference.

Not really much different to a track really is it as long as certain rules are met? We sign our lives away on track day disclaimers in a similar way.

That's true but safety levels are pretty high with tyre walls, run-off areas, gravel traps etc. and marshals & emergency services on-site (which is why track days aren't exactly cheap). You could never have that kind of setup in a more urban area, and anything less safe would not go down well I think.

I'm starting to look for and find fun at much lower power levels. The TVR is only a 4.0 V8 with 240bhp and is plenty plenty fast enough for the road.

For sure ... it must have a fair bit of torque though ;-)

Right at the other end of the scale I had a 600 cc Fiat 126 for a while (2 cyl, aircooled) and had a lot of fun driving that. Acceleration was surprisingly decent at low speeds (e.g. away from the lights), and with fairly stiff suspension and decent sized tyres it cornered pretty well. Only issue really was that it had no weight to speak of in the front, so it would lock up and understeer really easily when braking in the wet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom