Poor KeyFob range

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
I have a question regarding the key fob range on my W203.

The range on the key for my 203 is very poor in comparison to my 212 and 211.

I only have one key so unsure whether it’s to do with the car or key. Would anyone have any ideas?

regards.

Presumably you have changed the batteries?

The C is of course several generations behind your other cars in terms of component design.

How is the radio reception in the car? I ask this because there is a fuse it the boot for the aerial reception and central locking reception. If the fuse has blown it will give you poor reception from your key fob.

Radio reception is really good.

I’m going to buy a spare key and see what happens (hoping it’s just the key) - I did try changing the batteries but there’s no change.

Anyone know how much keys are from MB these days? I seem to remember they were £160ish when I last got one.

My 203’s always had a good range, but one thing I have found over the years is that battery brand needs to be a good one like Duracell as opposed those cheap JCB type-things.

Radio reception is really good.

I’m going to buy a spare key and see what happens (hoping it’s just the key) - I did try changing the batteries but there’s no change.

Anyone know how much keys are from MB these days? I seem to remember they were £160ish when I last got one.

More like 250 pounds....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom