Poor MPG ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rick01

Car
E230
Hi can someone tell me if I get poor MPG, Its a E230 auto 1997 as I said in my other post I've not had the car long and was wondering if the MPG was ok with it. I put in £30 of petrol and im getting about 130 miles is this the norm for this car. I don't drive with a heavy foot and never go above 60 mph.

Thanks

dunno what the price of petrol is i think the average is £1.07

So £1.07 x28 ltrs is £29.96 (30.00) roughly 28ltrs devided by 4.5 (gal) is 6.2 Gal's

130 miles devided by 6.2 Gal is 20.96 MPG which tbh does seem heavy to me, but i do drive a Derv lol

Depends what kind of driving you do, how well inflated your tyres are, how much crap you carry around with you etc.

I would bet that isn't far off typical. I once had the use of a C200K and it seemed to use as much fuel as my E55K not even driving hard!

I was always impressed with my w126 380sel 24mpg easy, the little w201 190 (carb) used to return 30mpg also.

I put in £30 of petrol and im getting about 130 miles

If you really want to know what the mpg is for your car, there's only one way to find out. Brim the tank, reset the tripmeter do a couple of hundred miles and brim the tank again. Fool proof and takes all the guesswork out it. Do that a few times and you'll have an honest average.

20mpg sounds about right IMO for a 1998 estate E230 if its the 148bhp 2.3, for city to average driving on shortish stinks. Lots of variables so best way would be to used a full tank and then calculate mpg. depending on how long your journeys are, lots of breaking accelerating, engine temperature can be key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom