Poor radio reception

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sasha

Car
ML63 - 2009
I have a Pioneer KEH-P8600RS cass/radio/cd changer.

The cd sound is fine (don't use tapes), but the radio reception is diabolical! The antennae is built into the car somewhere (window?) and I suspect this is the problem.

Has anybody faced this problem before?

Thx

Sashaaa

radio reception was poor in my previous w202 c-class, the aerial is built into the rear window (invisible). My current car has a JVC headunit which has an active booster in it, the reception is a LOT better. I am swapping this for comand soon, and I want the same radio reception. Halfords sell an active in-line signal booster for £10, which takes power from the electric-aerial feed from the headunit. I'm going to try one of them out when I get comand installed to see if it makes much of a difference. Sad to say that the ugly body-mounted aerials get a LOT better reception than the modern hidden ones! :(

No problems with radio reception on this CLK :) It is built into the rear window (the heater elements I think?). Maybe the plug has a bad connection?

My Corrado (and Golf GTi) had the aerial at the back of the roof, swept back. I always thought that looked pretty cool :)

Originally posted by Flyer
No problems with radio reception on this CLK :) It is built into the rear window (the heater elements I think?). Maybe the plug has a bad connection?
Some headunits are better than others, comand was better than my old Sony, but my JVC is great for reception. It also depends on where you drive, my old trip to work over the pennines was out in the middle of nowhere and sometimes I struggled to find any station to listen to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom