Poor radio signal W220 S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shane10010

Car
2003 S320 CDi
Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2003 W220 Facelift and am slowly working my way through the niggles.

I have established that I need a new GPS / phone aerial and am looking into why the radio signal is poor.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Thank you in advance
Shane

Radio aerial for w220 uses heated rear window elements
had 3 w220s now all had rubbish radio reception especially when heated rear window is on
put radio on with engine running then switch on heated rear window, check for signal loss or reduced volume, maybe you could check element for breaks or bad connection at the rear screen

Would have to say that the demister doesn't seem as effective as I would expect and it is definitely demister / electrical interference related.

Appreciating that the demister may be faulty, would there not be a suppressor to stop electrical interference anyway - called a parasitic stopper I think?

Incidentally, I have a friends 2004 C220 CDi at the moment - demister seems to work fine but has the same interference when the demister is on.

From memory there is a signal booster fitted to one c pillar and some kind of filter supressor fitted to the other c pillar.
I had to change one of these on my W209 to fix a weak signal problem.

My W220 has great reception and I haven't noticed any problems with using the heated rear screen. Will pay attention in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom