Poor respray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adsnew32

Car
Merc C250 CDI
Hi all,

had my Merc C250 CDI a week and when I went to view it I noticed a poor paint job on the boot lid. Immediately the trade seller had someone come and buff it out down playing it that it just needed a machine polish as it had been resprayed due to a mark on it, he then showed me images of the previous marks on it.
As the buffering seemed to sort it out I was happy to purchase the car. Fast forward a week and now it’s very noticeable again.. it’s like blotches in the paint. The picture is difficult to capture it but if your able to zoom in you’ll see what I mean.

is there anyway to correct this other than a respray by a Bodyshop? And if so roughly what would that cost. I’ve tried t cut, with a polish by hand which does hide it better but for how long.. another week no doubt!. It looks it’s worst when wet.

Thenk you.

Attachments

• 547D791F-39E2-4EED-828A-C98BFE4A678C.jpeg
    547D791F-39E2-4EED-828A-C98BFE4A678C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
Take it back to the trader and say you either want it resprayed properly or you’ll reject the car. 👍

Obviously if a private sale you’d need to sort it out yourself, but with traders you have consumer rights.

Hi all,

had my Merc C250 CDI a week and when I went to view it I noticed a poor paint job on the boot lid. Immediately the trade seller had someone come and buff it out down playing it that it just needed a machine polish as it had been resprayed due to a mark on it, he then showed me images of the previous marks on it.
As the buffering seemed to sort it out I was happy to purchase the car. Fast forward a week and now it’s very noticeable again.. it’s like blotches in the paint. The picture is difficult to capture it but if your able to zoom in you’ll see what I mean.

is there anyway to correct this other than a respray by a Bodyshop? And if so roughly what would that cost. I’ve tried t cut, with a polish by hand which does hide it better but for how long.. another week no doubt!. It looks it’s worst when wet.

Thenk you.
Looks to me like bird droppings that have stained the clear coat it may wet flat out with 1200/1500 wet or dry then mop up but I doubt it also depends how thick t clear coat is as you may rub through it

Thanks for the replies, i've contacted the trader. See what they come back with. They are 100 miles away which isn't ideal in lockdown.

Thanks for the replies, i've contacted the trader. See what they come back with. They are 100 miles away which isn't ideal in lockdown.
Are we still in lock down? One loses track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom