Poor starting on my w203 C220 CDI O3 Plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carlh2269

Car
c220cdi
Since my last post the garage have replaced all the diesel pipes under the bonnet.
This seemed to have cured the excessive cranking to get the engine to start but it still doesnt seem to fire up as it should. This car has no electrical fuel primer pump in the fuel tank.
It still takes the engine 5-6secs to fire which, when compared to my W203 facelift, is excessive.
Replacing the diesel pipes has definitely cured the excessive cranking as was, but I'm convinced there is still something else thats still not working properly.
During this cold spell the engine sometimes refuses to fire at all. A squirt of Easy Start seems to work to fire it up but its not a cure.
There are no bubbles as the garage bled the system so any ideas would be appreciated.

can't remember what else you have done but have you measured injector leaks and checked injector electrical correction values (in ECU)?

Im a complete novice with these MB diesels but whet you're describing sounds like a preheater problem.

Funnily enough (read: not funny at all) my E270 was starting fine until last week. Now it takes a few seconds of turning over before it fires up, first thing in the morning. After that, even if I immediately switch off and restart it, it fires up within a second. Only thing that has changed is an engine oil and filter change and an ATF and filter change.

can't remember what else you have done but have you measured injector leaks and checked injector electrical correction values (in ECU)?
Injector leak off are all okay.
I'm still convinced the problem is still with the initial diesel uplift or diesel pressure as when started the car runs fine.

Have the glow plugs been tested properly? And that they are receiving power when they should?
Easily overlooked on diesels these days, especially on the generation of cars that don’t bring a waring up on the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom