Poorboys Glaze

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dand

Car
C208 230K
Hey everyone,

I used Poorboys White Diamond for the first time yesterday and was pretty pleased with the results. My only little niggle with it was i felt it didnt really spread all that well (compared to AG SRP) and i ended up using more than i thought i would. I was just wondering if thats normal for this product or if id applied it wrong (I used a Megs soft foam applicator to apply it.) If its the latter what is the best way to apply it by hand?

Many thanks,

Dan.

I find a microfibre applicator better for a glaze. (Megs do them)

You should only need 3-5 pea sized drops per panel - It only needs to be very thinly spread, allowed to haze and buffed off with a nice soft microfibre.

Invest in the rotary, I know you wanted a while ago ;-) Then use a polishing pad and lowest speed. You will only need a pea-sized amount to do the whole panel. The most economical and fastest application ever.

Its a case of "less is more" with most polish and waxes, I've used SRP for years, until a couple of weeks ago, used PB Black Hole for the 1st time, I think it was amazing, I personally think sponge applicators are better, use small pea size drops -as fatdazza says, and work in small areas at a time, until its just a slight haze, then buff of with a microfibre.
Check out detailingworld, some really serious cleaning on there ! but more importantly, some really great tips, also guides.
If you've not used a machine before, maybe a DA would be better, safer !

If you use a damp applicator, it will spread more easily.

Thanks guys, il give the damp and microfiber pads a shot tomorrow. I started off with pea sized drops but it was a bug*er to spread around the panel using a dry foam pad.

Your right Alx im hoping to pick up some sort of starter pack at a show im going to this weekend :D Thanks for the heads up il have a bit of a lurk on Detailing World.

Just out of interest AG SRP is a polish & Diamond white or black hole are both glazes, i.e. they have no abrasive content like a polish does.

Polish the surface first then glaze then use a sealant & you can just top it with a good wax P21s for summer & Colinite for winter :)

Just out of interest AG SRP is a polish & Diamond white or black hole are both glazes, i.e. they have no abrasive content like a polish does.

Polish the surface first then glaze then use a sealant & you can just top it with a good wax P21s for summer & Colinite for winter :)

That's too many products :) I would use a non-abrasive polish/sealant and top it with wax. Job done.

Yeah, My master plan is to ease off the SRP and use the glaze and a wax for top-up/quick cleans in between full cleaning session. Im not that keen on the idea of using an abrasive on the car often now its starting to knock on a bit.

I used to use AG EGP and these funny Superguard sponges but since getting AG HD Wax a few years back ive not really bothered with sealants much as i thought it was bit over kill.

SRP is an AIO product, it's part polish, glaze and sealant. You wouldn't need to use that combined with a glaze, as it's just doubling up on the fillers. You may aswell spare the expense and stick another layer of SRP on. I wouldn't worry about the polish aspect of it, as it really is minor, on par with (at best) a very fine finishing polish, so there's not much danger of causing yourself a mischief :D

As others have said, a soft m/f applicator would be better suited, and damp it slightly before use and the Poorboys will spread a breeze! I use it with a DA, on the lowest speed, it's much quicker and consistant that way. Goes for miles too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom