Poorly E240

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Hit kickdown the other week and engine management light came on, could only achieve maximum of 40mph with virtually no acceleration and car was shaking. Was close by so dropped it in garage and he said after plugging it was showing injector problems and cleared them - car seemed OK until.....

Did same thing on Friday night and as I was about 12 miles away, had to be picked up and deposited at garage (why do these things only happen on bank holiday weekends? :mad:) Green Flag ignored my request for a simple lift and shift, sending out man-in-van who plugged in and said only firing on 2 cylinders - then called in for a lift and shift! :wallbash: To be fair the man-in-van was as annoyed as I was about the waste of time, but said they get no input at all.

To be fair the car has given me no trouble at all in 45K so can't complain. Just hope it is nothing expensive - thoughts? :dk:

Big shout out to the The-Nicest-Guy-On-The-Forum (aka TrapperJohn) who volunteered one of his fleet as a loaner within minutes of me posting this :thumb:

Gotta say his 300D may have 215k on the clock but the actual drive is just so.......... right! :rock:

Just hoping any repair is not too painful!

Aw shucks Steve.You are only a spit away and if my old girl gets you about for a few days then so much the better.

Hope you don't have to melt plastic to get yours back on the road.

The call of the big-6 diesel is alluring.

It's not just the power and how it is delivered. It's the handling, the comfort, the way it simply gets you there with no drama and fuss. Feel the same about my E240. IMHO it is the consummate car. If that all makes sense! :dk:

Its the M112 engine- these are normally bullet proof. I would suspect dodgy fuel or maybe a faulty fuel pump/fuel filter/fuel tank transfer pipework--- that whole assembly is quite complicated its a twin tank system with transfer lines float levels etc - has the fuel filter ever been changed?
I wonder if a generic OBD code reader will pick up on engine faults [like INJECTOR PROBLEMS??] but may not be able to probe the fuel system like Star?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom