Popping my Mercedes Cherry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melon333

Car
VW Scirocco R & Mercedes AMG A45 S 4Matic+ PLUS
Hey everyone, just pulled the trigger on my first ever Merc (AMG A45 S 4Matic+ PLUS) so thought id join the forum. Won't have the car until April/May time but good to get a jump on things.

My name is Luke I'm from NE Scotland and look forward to getting to know some of you and will no doubt be looking to you more experienced Merc owners in times of need when I am clueless.

Also I can't seem to find an A45 thread so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers

Thanks.
They are always busy on the main roads which I avoid. Living up in Scotland its all about the back roads but I am 100% sensible anyway :rolleyes:

Hey everyone, just pulled the trigger on my first ever Merc (AMG A45 S 4Matic+ PLUS) so thought id join the forum. Won't have the car until April/May time but good to get a jump on things.

My name is Luke I'm from NE Scotland and look forward to getting to know some of you and will no doubt be looking to you more experienced Merc owners in times of need when I am clueless.

Also I can't seem to find an A45 thread so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers
Welcome to MBClub. You’re going to love your new car, enjoy!

Welcome aboard.

This is probably the best motoring/non-motoring forum there is, so you might well ending up spending time on here even when you don't have any car-related questions.

Lovely car BTW. :thumb: :thumb:

Welcome, Luke, fantastic motor your getting, don't forget loads of pics when you get it, what colour you getting? :D

Welcome, Luke, fantastic motor your getting, don't forget loads of pics when you get it, what colour you getting? :D

I will be sure to do that, once the initial excitement subsides.
Got it in the matte Designo Mountain Grey. Toyed with the idea of yellow but decided it was a bit too much. Red and black interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be sure to do that, once the initial excitement subsides.
Got it in the matte Designo Mountain Grey. Toyed with the idea of yellow but decided it was a bit too much. Red and black interior.

It will look amazing in that colour. Rumour has it that compared to normal paint it can be easily damaged and difficult to repair, so are you planning to protect it with PPF?

Welcome @Melon333, very important, did you order it with the wing ? What spec did you go for if you dont mind me asking?

When I saw the title and before reading your post , I was half expecting you to be going for a small engined , A class, ... and I was right ! Ahem

I used to own a previous gen 45 (2017 gla 45) for a while. Lovely cars. Not many threads on here about new 2 litre cars but hopefully you can help change that . Most recent one was about someone wanting to mod an exhaust on a prev gen 45.

Thinking about it, I would start on the A35 owners thread , theres pages of posts on that one ...

It will look amazing in that colour. Rumour has it that compared to normal paint it can be easily damaged and difficult to repair, so are you planning to protect it with PPF?

Cross that bridge when I come to it I guess. [emoji23]

Welcome @Melon333, very important, did you order it with the wing ? What spec did you go for if you dont mind me asking?

When I saw the title and before reading your post , I was half expecting you to be going for a small engined , A class, ... and I was right ! Ahem

I used to own a previous gen 45 (2017 gla 45) for a while. Lovely cars. Not many threads on here about new 2 litre cars but hopefully you can help change that . Most recent one was about someone wanting to mod an exhaust on a prev gen 45.

Thinking about it, I would start on the A35 owners thread , theres pages of posts on that one ...

It has everything on it, full spec. Its the AMG A45 S 4Matic+ PLUS

HAHA yeah small engine, amazing what engineering has come to to get this kind of performance out of such a small engine in comparison.

Yeah i’ve seen a bunch of A35 threads. Assuming there are no A45 threads due to it only just becoming available in UK. Think Archie Hamilton is the first or one of the first getting his a few days ago which is insanely early.

Yes for the current gen A45 there are only one or two threads for when the vehicle was announced or rumours prior. It will be great to see what you think of it once it arrives.
Have you owned any other zippy cars prior to this one ?

The pano roof is great as are the infotainment screens etc so premium plus is a good shot

It seems on the face of it that the new 45 may be more interesting to drive than the old model which is great. I would like to spend some time in one at MB world brooklands . Maybe I'll do a back to back run on an a45s alongside my usual c63 session which is a staple.

One spec that I now think worth considering is the AMG Drivers Package as this gives an extended driving experience at MB world. The removal of the speed limiter is ofcourse useless on our roads but the bundled AMG course that comes with a new car is around 2 hours long. Nothing better then fading someone else's brakes and burning their tyres :)

Yes for the current gen A45 there are only one or two threads for when the vehicle was announced or rumours prior. It will be great to see what you think of it once it arrives.
Have you owned any other zippy cars prior to this one ?

The pano roof is great as are the infotainment screens etc so premium plus is a good shot

It seems on the face of it that the new 45 may be more interesting to drive than the old model which is great. I would like to spend some time in one at MB world brooklands . Maybe I'll do a back to back run on an a45s alongside my usual c63 session which is a staple.

One spec that I now think worth considering is the AMG Drivers Package as this gives an extended driving experience at MB world. The removal of the speed limiter is ofcourse useless on our roads but the bundled AMG course that comes with a new car is around 2 hours long. Nothing better then fading someone else's brakes and burning their tyres :)

Currently driving a VW Scirocco R with an ECU Remap about 330bhp. Alright car, had to compromise due to previous life mishaps but I won’t get into that [emoji23]
Had a 370Z which I loved and also a TT (hairdresser comments incoming) but fantastic to drive nonetheless.

I test drove the old A45 and was reasonably happy with it, hoping this new one blows me away and going by the reviews and videos I’ve seen that should be the case.

Do you guys have meets now and then yeah?

Welcome to the forum.

Hi

If you fancy a bit of a drive, look in the meet section on here for Benz on the Green
It's in Hampshire mind, so that would be the run in drive for your car.....

Delivery day and my sparkling clean new A45 after a test drive [emoji23][emoji1305]

8ae06a976966a284f8baebcf28b60baf.jpg

7b9c945d4c65aac9baff04d3e30aed53.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom