Porsche 911 Turbo (996) v CL55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Coming home tonight from the Torquay GTG I was sat in the outside lane of the M4 with the flow of traffic.
I could see a pair of Xenon's two cars behind me and could just make out the Porsche shape.

Traffic was quite heavy, however he started driving like a complete to$$er, cutting in and out of slower moving traffic on the inside lanes, to gain places in the outside lane, which then bought him right in front of me after a few more cars passed, however traffic was preventing him going any further.

I left a bit of a gap between me and him, and after a minute or so I could see the traffic clearing in front :D

The car in front of him started to indicate inwards, so pedal to the metal and I was on his exhaust pipes, by this time he hit the floor and was also pulling away.

I kept going and he had no choice but to pull into the middle lane after a few seconds (otherwise I would have been in his boot), letting me pass him, a bit quicker than I would have thought. (I thought we would have sat side by side accelerating at the same speed)

After that he cut back behind me and the gap got bigger, then traffic slowed us down again.

He then started driving like before cutting in and out, but my point was proved (which probably made his driving worse!) and I let him carry on.

Porsche Turbo: 0
CL55 AMG : 1

:D :D :rolleyes:

Possibly he had a turbo badge on a non turbo car!

Either way he knows not to mess with a CL55 anymore! :)

Might have something to do with your 80 bazillion newton meters of torque.

CL55 = torque
911 = talk

;-)

scotth_uk said:
Might have something to do with your 80 bazillion newton meters of torque.

CL55 = torque
911 = talk

;-)

:D But notice you didnt take it on down a country lane!!!

Been driving the 997 Carrera S again the last few days (just got back from Spain) and its phenomenal around corners.... :crazy:

SportsCoupeRich said:

Been driving the 997 Carrera S again the last few days (just got back from Spain) and its phenomenal around corners.... :crazy:

I'm a straight line man myself :)

SportsCoupeRich said:

It might not be the CL's favoured territory, but have you not seen Maff slide his Nissan 300Z around Bruntingthorpe? ;)

>but have you not seen Maff slide his Nissan 300Z around Bruntingthorpe?

I still have the brown trousers! ;-)

Sounds like a good drag! Though there are some 996 with Turbo bodies around in fact Porsche would ship them with the kit from the factory. I'm sure it would be close as the CL AMG is a beast though that 996 Turbo is very powerful (std 415lb/ft & 415 BHP) and light (1540kg) and with 4WD it was sub 4s to 60 every time?

Most drags are always in Mercedes Territory ie... side by side... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom