Porsche 928GT viewing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paddcomp

Car
E320CDI Avantgarde Estate S211
As per the title I went to view a 928GT yesterday. Offered for a sensible price as a good driveable car with few faults (a/c not working, torn seat bolster). I got quite excited and offer to buy it at subject to an expert PPI.
All was well until I looked at the engine vin when I got home (phone photo), and it isn't the right engine for the car it's from an S4. Also received further info from a 928 mail list that the car has other problems from someone else who had viewed the car.

The sale is now off as I don't want to project car, but I am a little disappointed. Also worried that I thought the car looked ok, hopefully I would have been saved by the PPI.

The search continues.

Last edited:
These are amazing cars. My father had two of them.

I thought about getting a late S4 but the running costs are horrendous. Still would love one though.

My suggestion is to join the owners club and source a good one from there.

Hi Alfie,
I intend to join PCGB amd have already joined 928.org.uk which is where all the knowledge on 928s is.

Running costs seem to equal, purchase high = running costs low and vice versa.

You don't need to join PCGB to register on their forum - and the 928 section there seems pretty quiet. You might want to look at the forum first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom