Porsche Cayenne

Discussion in 'MB Defectors to Other Marques Forum' started by Tan, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Tan

Tan Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
    Hi

Doe anyone have any experience of the Porsche Cyenne and how does it compare to the ML?

The ML that I would be comparing it to is the current model.

Many thanks

Tan

2. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler MB Club Veteran

Car:
    ML AMG-line Black Series
    I've driven both, but owned neither.

I found the Cayenne 3.6 V6 a little lacking - I was expecting a little more urge given the amount of noise it made when the loud pedal was depressed. Still a lovely place to sit mind - and to my eyes at least - brutishly handsome.

The ML320 CDi was more relaxed in all respects, and both more subtle and more elegant in appearance. In alpaca grey the interior possibly had the edge on the Cayenne.

Which would I buy? Probably the ML, not least because you can get a diesel now rather than wait, and a bigger one at that 4.0 in the ML420 CDi. That said the Cayenne is outrageous value, and if after a big petrol, probably offers the more convincing choice (without buying very nearly new).

My tuppence...

3. bigstuff

bigstuff Hardcore MB Enthusiast

not the best looking car on the road :)

4. wobbly

wobbly Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2013 ML350 AMG, 1989 500SL Now sold, replaced with 2007 Aston Martin DB9
    I owned a Cayenne for six months last year, I hated it, and couldnt wait to get rid of it.

I bought the Cayenne to replace a ml w163 I had owned for three years, expecting to keep the Cayenne for a couple of years. But after a few weeks of owning it I hated it.

Stiff suspension, and 20" wheels made for a very harsh ride, and the steering wheel mounted gearchange buttons were a nightmare, as I would change gear when turning corners.

I thought the interior was very plasticy, and the seat were not the most comfortable. I did like the navigation system and intergrated phone, far more
    advanced than comand.

I decided it was a bit to sporty for my everyday needs. I traded it for a ml 320 CDI w164 and was lucky that I didnt loose any money on the deal.

The w164 is a altogether nicer and more relaxed ride.