Portable battery to charge car battery?

• Thread starter Deleted member 134751
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Everything a CTEK does but £22.50 !
View attachment 92655

Agreed, a cheaper battery "conditioner" like the Dacia Logan, which does everything the Mercedes S204 C250 CDI AMG Sport does, for less than half the price.

The CTEK is very much the retail industry standard for battery conditioners. Walk into any classic car showroom, and you'll see them keeping batteries fully charged.

It's a fair point that a normal owner doesn't need reliability, or a long life from a unit he'll only use 2 or 3 times a year, but why economise on a thing that's already saving the unnecessary replacement of a £100 car battery?

Lovely car the Dacia Logan.....

aef8f0e155cd49bea8b434d211210aa0.jpg

Simpler solutions......Can't you take it for a good drive once a week? Might also be worth replacing your battery if it is old.

Agreed, a cheaper battery "conditioner" like the Dacia Logan, which does everything the Mercedes S204 C250 CDI AMG Sport does, for less than half the price.

The CTEK is very much the retail industry standard for battery conditioners. Walk into any classic car showroom, and you'll see them keeping batteries fully charged.

It's a fair point that a normal owner doesn't need reliability, or a long life from a unit he'll only use 2 or 3 times a year, but why economise on a thing that's already saving the unnecessary replacement of a £100 car battery?

Lovely car the Dacia Logan.....

aef8f0e155cd49bea8b434d211210aa0.jpg

Daft as brush rubbishing a better value charger .

MAYPOLE Electronic Car Battery Charger 4A Fast Trickle Pulse Modes 4 AMP ⭐ 5013008074237 | eBay

Maypole MP7423 Electroni Smart Battery Charger for sale online | eBay

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009A83P1E/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

I use it alot as I've a 24 year old laid up car .

I suppose you buy genuine filters that are more expensive because they are better ?

Yes, the best or nothing. It is a Mercedes forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom