Portable Garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
T

tanuie

Hi, Has anyone had one of these or can tell me the good/bad points. I have seen this on e-bay.
I know what e-bay
is like so I went to the workshop where they are made in Winkfield.Berkshire.
The one on e-bay is bidding and they have a PVC canopy which they told me
is not that good, however at extra cost you can have an all weather canopy
made of a much stronger material than PVC. At £850 it is cheaper than a garage but I do not want to spend that sort of money if it is not that good.

Many Thanks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2713793209...84.m1438.l2649

Looks like something that should be no more than £50! I had something similar, not this brand but looked similar. One bit of heavy wind and the the collapsed and damaged my car.

If you are spending that kind of cash there is nothing better than an outdoor carcoon...

Have a look here too:Portable Garages - Dancovershop UK

I purchased this one sometime back:Mobile garage 3,6 x 6,0 x2,7m. Storage shelters for sale. Buy storage shelter online. - Dancovershop UK

It's o.k. but no good in windy conditions, never mind storms as it is. I to had to concrete in four ground fixings and use addition cord to hold it down plus lay concrete blocks on side the skirts. Other than that, no complaints, plenty of space (3.6x6m) and more than enough for one car but condensation can be an issue.

I considered something similar before I got an outdoor carcoon.

But if they are no good in windy conditions there is no real point - unless you anchor it down as suggested in other posts. If you don't mine leaving the car for long periods the outdoor carcoon is the way to go - if the car is for frequent use the carcoon would drive you nuts putting up and down.

I have the portable garage version shown on that link and have to say its been fine, bought it secondhand from a car enthusiast so its old but still does a great job on winter and summer. Yes it can wobble a bit in high winds but never a problem as its anchored down all round. I could and would recommend one if you want to shelter your car. I have a c class and it fits fine with room to get out

Oh yes its not the PVC one it looks like woven polypropylene very strong and go for green, blends into the environment a tad better. I think PVC won't be great longer term its not as tough and can be affected by sun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom