Portable Sat Nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
Hi Guys , im thinking of buying some form of portable sat nav for the cars. Has anyone got one just now , or know anything about them ?

Any help would be appreciated .

Looks like im going to get the Garmin Streetpilot III Colour.

http://www.garmin.com/products/spIII/

I have a NavMan 3400 unit which attaches to an iPAQ (NavMan also do a combined unit like Garmin) and I'm very pleased with it. It does everything the OEM units do for a fraction of the price, voice navigation, re-routing etc.

Have a look at www.pocketgps.co.uk for reviews.

Originally posted by RichardM
It does everything the OEM units do for a fraction of the price, voice navigation, re-routing etc.
It's only cheaper if you already have the PDA though right? :)

well yes, but even the combined price is cheaper than the Mercedes Command, or BMW/Lexus satnav units.

For me command wasn't available when I ordered my car, only the APS50 text based navigation for £1200. The £800 Ipaq/NavMan option is far superior as it offers a full colour map.

I got one today :) its great :)

Ill load the extra maps onto it later.

I got the unit for £875 and got a good deal on the USA maps too.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Hi Everyone,
I have just been browsing around my local Costco store (Haydock) and discovered they have the Garmin Street Pilot 3 Deluxe for £599.99 +vat (£704.98) with the usual excellent no quibble money back warranty.
They also have...
Origin blue 1 gps (detector) £199.99+vat (£234.98)
Snooper radar detector sp8151s £129.99+vat (£152.73)

Hope this helps

Joe

Here is my GPS. Ive got a remote GPS Antenna too now . :)

garmin1.jpg

garmin2.jpg

garmin3.jpg

garmin4.jpg

:D

Looks good Jason. Why did you need to get the external GPS Antenna?

Originally posted by RichardM
Looks good Jason. Why did you need to get the external GPS Antenna?

I got the external antenna to allow the unit to be used in a car with a metalic coated windscreen or similar.

Its basically if we hire a car that had one it would make the unit useless. Plus , it also gives a better lock on the sats.

And , i just wanted one :D

dont mean to offend but that antenna stuck onto the roof looks ....well C**p :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom