Portable tyre compressors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jtvgray

Car
C220d Sport Premium
So.... the missus is asking what I want for Christmas. I’m wondering whether a 12v compressor to keep in the boot may be an idea. Would anybody agree and if so, any recommendations of a good one??

My wife wanted one to keep in the boot of her i20 and we bought a 12v AA Digital Air Compressor for £32.95 from our local MDC and it works really well. Paul

So.... the missus is asking what I want for Christmas. I’m wondering whether a 12v compressor to keep in the boot may be an idea. Would anybody agree and if so, any recommendations of a good one??

How often have you needed a compressor in teh last 5 years? If you have to get it out the bottom of the boot, plugin in the lighter socket do 2 wheels, unplug it move it do the other 2 wheels pack it all away and bury it in the boot again - Will it be useful? Both our cars have the gunge kits so a compressor is not useful for a flat.

I do both our car's tyre pressure checks about 1x per month (otherwise my wife's car would never get checked) and overinflate the tyres at the garage and then, the next day when the tyres are cold, correct the pressure with my analog gauge at home. So, I'm grovelling around the wheels at home anyway & thought a cordless inflator would be useful. I've recently purchased a cordless unit which is quite compact. Yet to try it in anger. Our local petrol station now charges £1-00/use for air.

Well I have one but never use it,I have a what I call a get out of trouble bag in the boot,it has spare bulbs triangle tow rope a fire extinguisher a few tools and screwdriver plus big can of tyre weld,in the last 10 years I have never had to use any off the contents except the tyre weld well worth the £5 I paid for it.

There's a good wee one in B&M the now for £8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom