Portable washing kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daveenty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S63 Coupe
After lots of boredom and spending unhealthy amounts of time on various auction sites over the last few months, I eventually put together some bits and pieces which may actually come in useful. It's basically a totally portable car washing system, which has now been fully tried out as the weather's improved over the last week or so.

It's as near to a totally independent set up as I can get and was originally packaged together over the latter half of last year so that I can give the car a quick clean when I'm out and about attending various car meets. Lots of us used to get to these if anyone remembers, although it seems like a lifetime ago at the moment...

Anyway, for those interested, my little kit consists of the following: -

Worx Hydroshot WG620E.4: Basically a battery powered pressure washer with a pair of batteries and a reasonable amount of accessories to ensure it's practicality, including a long intake hose and a collapsible bucket. Not the most powerful bit of kit around but ideal for my needs.

25 Litre Water Storage Container: Just a plastic jerry can type thing for carrying water around in. A longish soak and rinse tends to use around 6 - 10 litres, so this is ample for my needs as, theoretically, it will only need to be cleaned once per trip. This will actually replace the supplied bucket as it can be carried around without spillage, though the bucket will still be used for soapy water when washing.

Plastic toolbox: Just a cheapie with a removable drawer and enough space to fit the Worx in it's component form, a few microfibre cloths, wash mitt, drying towel and shampoo etc.

The theory is that I'll only need this stuff when I'm staying away in a hotel, so the water container can be filled there, which saves dragging a full one around with me everywhere. The toolbox doesn't weigh a great amount even when full, so I'm not exactly overloading the car with unnecessary stuff.

I assembled it last week and had a quick play with it, mainly just to try an "in the field" operation. It worked out really well and simple, needing a little fettling on a couple of aspects, though these will hopefully soon get sorted with a bit of planning. Just need to get out and about to some meets now though I do tend to only do fair weather ones so it may not be needed too often. ;)

You bored Dave? 😁😁😁

Matt :thumb:
You wouldn't believe it Matt ;) Spent a fortune on tat on the bay of dreams...

Barely been out for nearly a year, not seen anyone car related apart from one Terminal Velocity meet in October where a few of us escaped to. Roll on summer...

Sounds good🙃 The Worx cordless range, esp the Hydroshot are imho top class. Got mine from Amazon on one of their deal days. Now tempted by the digital air compressor and the random orbital polisher......just not telling swmbo, yet...🤣

This is sailing perilously close towards being those people who put little booties on their tyres at concours events :D

You wouldn't believe it Matt ;) Spent a fortune on tat on the bay of dreams...

Barely been out for nearly a year, not seen anyone car related apart from one Terminal Velocity meet in October where a few of us escaped to. Roll on summer...
We need pix Dave. I hope to fix a PL meet in the Peaks in June or July. Come if you can.
Best.

Sounds good🙃 The Worx cordless range, esp the Hydroshot are imho top class. Got mine from Amazon on one of their deal days. Now tempted by the digital air compressor and the random orbital polisher......just not telling swmbo, yet...🤣

Another bonus with buying Worx is that I now have one of their cordless chain saws so can interchange the batteries. :) I think if I were using this sort of stuff in a professional capacity I'd be tempted to buy a decent brand but, for the use they get from me, Worx are fine and should last me an awful amount of time.

This is sailing perilously close towards being those people who put little booties on their tyres at concours events :D

This is true, handy for those events where it's lashed down all the way there and all the night before though, just to get the road muck off the car...

We need pix Dave. I hope to fix a PL meet in the Peaks in June or July. Come if you can.
Best.

No pictures, never seem to get round to them somehow. As for a meet, I'm planning nothing at the moment, just taking things as they happen.

Another bonus with buying Worx is that I now have one of their cordless chain saws so can interchange the batteries. :) I think if I were using this sort of stuff in a professional capacity I'd be tempted to buy a decent brand but, for the use they get from me, Worx are fine and should last me an awful amount of time.

en.
Until the batteries start dying and Worx has discontinued the range..........:)

I cannot imagine myself ever standing in a hotel carpark and washing my car. When we're on a road trip & the car really needs a wash (e.g. lots of dead bugs) I just go to one of those diy carwash places. After the trip car gets proper TLC again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom