Posh Childs car seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deltashad

Car
W209
I've been looking around for a cool booster seat for my 7- year old daughter. Her Princess Disney one is a bit too pink for her now.

I am only looking for the lower part not the back rest. There doesn't seem to be anything interesting on the market.

I am thinking about taking it to the local car trimmers and getting a bit of extra padding added and covered in cream leather to match the car.

Has anyone ever tried this or know of any 'posh' looking seats available?

Bentley do a nice one but I think it will cost more than the car!

I've seen a leather trimmed car seat once before, and it looked spot on. It won't be cheap, but I suspect it will be a snip compared to the seats you bought when she was smaller. And it'll be unique.

Recaro Monza - suitable for ages 6-12 approx ; has inbuilt loudspeakers and a pocket for her mp3 player ; available in a choice of finishes , extra covers available

RECARO Monza

The Monza looks very smart indeed, do they do it in adult sizes?? lol...I have kind of moved away from the full seat though as she thinks she is a big girl now!! Her last 'proper' car seat was a lovely recaro model in blue alcantara. If I remember correctly at the time it cost around £250, which was a lot of money for me back then. A lot of money now come to think of it....

When I return to the Uk next week I'll take her old booster seat to the trimmers and see what they will charge to 'pimp' it with some magnolia hide and extra padding.

You never know, could be a business opportunity for someone. Every other booster seat I have seen looks like its come from Fisher Price.

I've been looking around for a cool booster seat for my 7- year old daughter. Her Princess Disney one is a bit too pink for her now.

I am only looking for the lower part not the back rest. There doesn't seem to be anything interesting on the market.

I am thinking about taking it to the local car trimmers and getting a bit of extra padding added and covered in cream leather to match the car.

Has anyone ever tried this or know of any 'posh' looking seats available?

Bentley do a nice one but I think it will cost more than the car!

I'm buying a second Silver Cross Navigator. It's not a brand I'd normally associate with kiddie seats but my 7 year old has been using his for over a year now and I need something for my 4.5 year old who has grown out of her existing seat.

It's nicely made, steel-framed, subtle-looking - I like it at any rate.

Although I use the built-in boosters round town I prefer this sort of thing for longer trips as (a) they can both sleep without falling out of the belt and (b) they are undoubtedly safer.

They retail at anything from £80 and up.

Silver Cross Navigator Fix High Back Booster - Jet black : mothercare- Nursery Equipment, Maternity Clothes & Baby Shop

Not wishing to lecture anyone, but people should be aware of the independent consumer body "Which" advice :

Some Group 3 car seats are just booster cushions.
These raise the child's body to a height suitable for use with the adult seat belt, but the booster cushions are not as safe as Group 3 car seats with a full length back and 'wings', which provide extra protection for the head and chest in a side-impact crash.
The booster cushion satisfies the new legal requirement for children up to 4ft 6in, and they're cheap (about £20-£30) but the full child car seats are safer – if more expensive.

Hope it is of use, the safety of my little one means when he is old enough he will not be using one of these cushions.

I will get shot down for this. My father was a sales director when I was a child so we always had large barges. We never used seatbelts and he was an absolute petrol head, determined to drive quicker than everything else on the road whilst my brother and I were thrown around the back of the car with smiles as big as the ocean.

I really thought I was being safety conscious with air bags, booster seat and a seat belt ..... lol...

You should not get shot down. I can remember when seatbelts were not legal and we all did not wear them. My dad drove p1ssed as a fart before the drink drive laws came in. Many years before that we all lived in mud huts and cr@pped in the river we got our water from.

It's called progress! We learn, and hopefully do more to protect ourselves and our families as we recognise how precious life is and we use the technology we develop to achieve all this.:thumb:

I will get shot down for this. My father was a sales director when I was a child so we always had large barges. We never used seatbelts and he was an absolute petrol head, determined to drive quicker than everything else on the road whilst my brother and I were thrown around the back of the car with smiles as big as the ocean.

I really thought I was being safety conscious with air bags, booster seat and a seat belt ..... lol...

I can tell a very similar story : when I was a small child in the early 1960's , my dad had a MkII 3.8 litre Jaguar - no seat belts either . If I stood on the transmission tunnel , behind the front seats , and hung onto the backrests of the two seats , I could just about see over the bonnet : whenever I was able to sight another car in front , I would urge my dad " Pass him , dad , pass him " .

Usually , he was happy to oblige :D

In 1964 , he changed to Mercedes , and we have been an MB family ever since .

You should not get shot down. I can remember when seatbelts were not legal and we all did not wear them. My dad drove p1ssed as a fart before the drink drive laws came in. Many years before that we all lived in mud huts and cr@pped in the river we got our water from.

It's called progress! We learn, and hopefully do more to protect ourselves and our families as we recognise how precious life is and we use the technology we develop to achieve all this.:thumb:

Although we didn't always wear them back then , and I still have one car with no belts , I am very glad that I have ALWAYS worn belts , where available , on every single trip since I started driving myself .

If it wasn't for a static belt and Mercedes-Benz safety engineering , I might not have survived the day a car came round a bend on the wrong side of the road ( overtaking a lorry ) and hit me head on .

mypoorcar13.jpg

poorcar3-1.jpg

poorcar6.jpg

Thanks to MB , I was able to open my drivers door and step out of that completely unhurt ; the guy in the Capri who hit me broke both legs plus one arm .

You were very lucky! People's experiences like this bring it home how important safety features can be. We all think we are invincible in our steel cages and that "it will never happen to me". Well for some people it does and by god they are grateful when they walk away from such and incident. I bet the driver who caused the crash got nothing more than 3 points and a fine:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom