Posh steering wheel wanted for 95 w124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KevinF

Car
E saloon
Folks - it's a '95 w124 estate with fawn leather and walnut trim, but a let down standard placky steering wheel. Any affordable suggestions that would allow me to keep the airbag?

TIA.

I'd always hoped to pick up one of these for my W124 at some point.....

Attachments

• AMG wheel.jpeg
    AMG wheel.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 120
I have managed to get (off ebay) a real leather perforated steering wheel cover..not the tacky stretch-over type but one supplied with tough twine that you actually stitch on yourself, just like the original!

I have done this once before some years ago and if you take your time the result is very good :thumb:

I have decided to do this because my issue was not that i didn't like the design of the wheel, it was the fact my leather wheel had perished at the top and some of the stitching had come away.

here is the item... FOR MERCEDES VITO 04-12 PERFORATED ITALIAN LEATHER STEERING WHEEL COVER RED STIT | eBay

...dont worry about the model of car, just tell them what model car it is for and they will send the correct size.

Thank you Nick of MB Spares, Stoke

A thank-you to Nick at MB Spares of Stoke. What a nice chap to deal with. Very knowledgeable and encouraging on w124 ownership and able to supply a leather clad steering wheel for less than the cost of a recover.

It looks and feels a treat. Odd how something so simple increases driving pleasure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom