Position of C43 AMG Boot badges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justin1600

MB Enthusiast
Car
C43 AMG
Hi, could anyone who has a C43 AMG with the boot badges in their original positions ( not had paintwork )

Please post a picture of the rear of the car and measure the exact positions of badges in relation to the edge of the bootlid.

Many Thanks :thumb:

Tumbleweed.gif

This may be as much use as a chocolate teapot, but here's a pic of the rear of my sadly departed C43, paintwork on the boot was original.

Attachments

• DSC00065.jpg
    DSC00065.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 119
what ever did happen to her did that guy on ebay sell her or break it

what ever did happen to her did that guy on ebay sell her or break it

Think it got bought from the salvage yard listing it on Ebay and has been repaired by a trader. Last time I looked it was on Autotrader with a dealer in Scotland.

Here is an image of my back end ??:rolleyes:

If you want I can get the car out of the garage the weekend and let you have the details

let me know

Last edited:
This may be as much use as a chocolate teapot, but here's a pic of the rear of my sadly departed C43, paintwork on the boot was original.

Thanks mate, the more pics the better. I want to get the badges in the exact place or it will wind me up :crazy:

Here is an image of my back end ??:rolleyes:

If you want I can get the car out of the garage the weekend and let you have the details

let me know

Yes please mate, if you are quite confident that your badges have not been replaced or the bootlid painted at some point.
Bodyshops always re-fit them in the wrong place :(

I fitted the new bootlid tonight, just got the finishing touches to do :thumb:

Hi,
You can buy templates to stick the badges on from MB though I would,nt trust them to be able to identify where they are in WIS also the measurements for the badge positions on the boot are in WIS, I would mail them to you mate but my PC has been consigned to a box in the corner of the room while I do some major house renovations.
If you look in the Projects section of the forum under my C43/C55 conversion thread, there are some pics of my bootlid before and after my bit of badge engineering, I,m more than willing to let you know the exact measurements on mine but as I have to use the company PC at the moment it won,t let me send PM's, but I can receive them, if you drop me a PM with your E-mail I,ll e-mail them back to you.
Bear in mind though that the C43 badge has been now removed and replaced with a C55 one, though the letter C is still in the exact position as it was before.

Cheers Andy, PM sent :thumb:

Looked on WIS mate found document AR88.50-P-5050A which shows how to do it but no measurements :wallbash:
It does list some part numbers for templates which are back order Germany
202 589 21 23 00 and 202 589 23 23 00
Approx £12 each

Forget all that !

Yes my boot lid have been painted

Guest what ? - We note all the details of where the badges go and put them back in the same place

Forget all that !

Yes my boot lid have been painted

Guest what ? - We note all the details of where the badges go and put them back in the same place

I would mate, but the previous owner had put them in the wrong place so it is back to the drawing board.
Rather leave it de-badged than put them in the wrong place ;)

I would mate, but the previous owner had put them in the wrong place so it is back to the drawing board.
Rather leave it de-badged than put them in the wrong place ;)

Justin you have mail.

Justin, been throug the same thing with my rear badges, they were not put on from factory!

i measured and tried a few times but in the end bought the templates and they are now spot on, just remember though the templates will only help line them up and will not give the spacings for the letters, these you will have to measure off another c43!

hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom