Position of ecu pms on C180 facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jospek1985

Car
W202 C180
Hi,in the w202 C180. '97 facelift where is the ecu pms?under wash reservoir is noting.
Thanks

2eg8uxe.jpg

I think its the top one. Remove 4 screws to access, beside washer bottle.

Dec

index.php

“Connectors 0, 1 and 2 are on the ESP/ETS/ASR module - no.1 is the CAN wires.
Connectors 3 and 4 are engine ECU - you can again see the CAN wires in plug 4.
All the rest are on the K40 module, which is mainly involved with voltage supply and starter output. 11 is the starter relay, 12 is switched and permanent live supply, 6,7,8,9,10,13,14 and 21 are power outputs and inputs to eg switch the internal relays in the K40 (there will be 2x probably, in addition to the demountable starter relay).
Fuses are obviously there to protect the voltage outputs.”

Source… Identify electrical connections? | Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Dec

Thanks, but my question is.
The pms ecu in 97 facelift is like this?
I don't find in the car

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170707-170934.jpg
    Screenshot_20170707-170934.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 67
63869d1499623095-position-ecu-pms-c180-facelift-screenshot_20170707-170934.jpg

Thats a picture of the early PMS injection/ignition ECU. By 1997 a new HFM system had been adopted which possibly has a very different looking ECU. You can tell which system is being used by looking at the inlet system - that's why I asked you to post a picture of the engine compartment?

The ECU is going to going to be a metal rectangular box with 1 or two plugs at one end which slots vertically into that big grey box.

Thanks, and is it likely that the ECU will be burned?
1 and 4 cylinder not run

Your car runs a lost spark system from two coils hidden inside a recess in the camcover.
one coil fires 1 and 4 and the other 2 and 3. You could have a faulty coil or the "signal "wire from the ECU is damaged or the power transistor in the ECU has gone. These can be repaired relatively easily.

see https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/2489022-post13.html

Last edited:
Can it be repaired then?
Does anybody in the forum do that?
Because in my country is no possible repair....I will do it!

Ok, i try to repair.
The w124 have a same ecu? Hfm?

If it has the same 4 CYLINDER M111 engine it will be similar but I think in 97 the car moved to a canbus system meaning they would not be directly interchangeable. Some earlier W202 cars with an HFM ECU [ the 2.2 litre for example] would be but not your one.

Grober, but when the ecu is out, the injection on the 2 cylinder out is off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom