Position of ecu pms on C180 facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm afraid I don't understand what you are saying? If the engine ECU is not connected then the engine won't run as it controls all the injectors? Are you sure you have removed the engine ECU?

That's OK now.
I have reconditioned the ecu.
Thanks.
I hope to make so many km

That's OK now.
I have reconditioned the ecu.
Thanks.
I hope to make so many km
I have the 94 car with the PMS, I am told that the PMS is no longer available, and if it is broken it cannot be repaired then the whole car is as good as scrap. I want to buy one as spare, or is there somebody who can repair it?

Assuming this was developed during the mid to late eighties, which was thirty years ago, and there have been so much advances in computer technology that having a company to make a replica to specs probably isn’t too difficult.

It seems that quite a few owners on a few forums had the cars grounded due to unavailability of this PMS

Wonder if Siemens would entertain request to produce a batch run of perhaps 1 thousand, or 10 thousands units?

WEN,

What's the part # PMS you need?

0185451132 is a much more common alternative part # that will work in your car. 0185454332 will also work but is just as hard to find as 4432.

They aren't coded, simple plug & play. They're on ebay all the time.

Reactions: WEN
Thanks! from what I read in the forum, this appears to fail more often than the later model ECU, and just trying to buy one to standby.

But even obtaining an used one there is no guarantee how long it is going to last, not to mention the high cost of getting a used one too, cost as much as half the value of my car.

It is no rocket science, with inputs from various sensors and with the mapping then the corresponding outputs.

I suspect a small production run of about 10K units, it can be produced at perhaps less than USD500 each (wet finger in the air method). That would help many cars with M111 and perhaps even M104 engines.

0185451132 is a much more common alternative part # that will work in your car. 0185454332 will also work but is just as hard to find as 4432.

The PMS module was only fitted to some of the earlier W202 C class 4 Cylinder M111 models afaik--- there are very few of these cars still on the road meaning its probably not an economic proposition commercially speaking. The limited market being catered for by second hand parts.:dk:

The PMS module was only fitted to some of the earlier W202 C class 4 Cylinder M111 models afaik--- there are very few of these cars still on the road meaning its probably not an economic proposition commercially speaking. The limited market being catered for by second hand parts.:dk:

Thanks grober for your kind advice.

Am I right to assume that the facelifted W124 also use similar PMS?

You are right there is probably not too many of W202 and probably even fewer W124 running.

Like you said, it is probably not commercially viable for batch production. I could probably DIY one myself.

Does anyone know where I can get a schematic, or the various pins input range and corresponding output table?

Thanks

pms-jpg.27800

FROM
[SOLVED] - W124 E200 with no ignition on cylinders 1 and 4

According to the part shop, the

018 545 11 32 is replaced by
018 545 43 32 which is then replaced by
018 545 44 32.

Does it mean the 018 545 44 32 is an enhancement in performance and/or reliability and/or bugs fixed of the earlier versions?

And in the event of EMERGENCY where exact replacement cannot be found, would the PMS from the 1.8L or 2.2L works (perhaps with lesser power or higher girl consumption or both) without harming the engine?

Thanks

In answer to your question the answer is no. Your best bet is one of the programmable ECU kits like Megasquirt. If you check out Charles Morgan's W114 restoration thread on this forum you will see even then its not simple. Absolute Power is not the problem its part throttle driveability that needs extensive setting up/mapping by trial and error rolling road/ road test etc. Mercedes W114 250 Coupe - help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom