Positive experience at Kwik-Fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colinallcars

Car
B180, SLK 230
Last year I bought a set of Bridgestone from my local Kwik-Fit as they were offering a good discount. I took up their Tyrecare offer as, even with this, they were still well priced. Last week I noticed one of them losing pressure and returned to have it repaired. It was the O/S/R so I was confused as to why the fitter and supervisor were spending time looking at the N/S/F. The supervisor came into the waiting area and I braced myself for some sort of hard sell and, sure enough, he said there was a problem, a huge bulge in the sidewall probably from hitting a pot hole. While I steadied myself he quickly added “don’t worry, you’ve got Tyrecare”. A new, matching tyre fitted without any quibble and the puncture repaired at no cost. I was asked if I wanted Tyrecare on the new tyre, at less than a tenner and given the state of our roads the answer was yes.

Not wishing to ruin your day... :D

...but the way I read it, is that that Kwik Fit simply did what they said they would, which should be the standard, really (but sadly, it isn’t). I don't see that they went in any way beyond what you were entitled to under the TyreCare insurance cover.

I do, however, agree that TyreCare was a very good product for you on this occasion, and Kwik Fit certainly deserve to have their TyreCare cover recommend as offering good value :thumb:

Not wishing to ruin your day... :D

...but the way I read it, is that that Kwik Fit simply did what they said they would, which should be the standard, really (but sadly, it isn’t). I don't see that they went in any way beyond what you were entitled to under the TyreCare insurance cover.

I do, however, agree that TyreCare was a very good product for you on this occasion, and Kwik Fit certainly deserve to have their TyreCare cover recommend as offering good value :thumb:
Agreed but ‘Neutral experience’ wouldn’t quite do it justice! Simply sharing it as a counter to the more common negative statements regarding Kwik-Fit.

I had an MOT there this week, it passed and cost less than £20, was booked at short notice and the service was very polite.

I have used them twice recently and have nothing but praise. First time was a rush job on the S204 (I had forgotten about the MOT and only realised just as the tax was due. They did a thorough job and I agree with the things they picked up - no attempt to upsell at all

On this forum even if KwikFit somehow came across a cure for cancer & the recipe for lasting world peace in the same week somebody would pipe up with something bad to say about them.

They can't win.
I have nothing good or bad to say about Kwik Fit, last time I used them was 25 years ago (bought two rear tyres and rear dampers for a Ford Scorpio 2.9L, since you asked... :D ).

My point was a more general one regarding complacency of British customers. We seem to get overly exited when a seller or a dealer provide us the service that we paid for. This should be the norm... but it isn't. Sadly it is a reflection on the poor evel of customer service that we have become accustomed to.

It's great when a seller of a dealer go beyond the minimum they should be doing, and when this happens they deserve praise.

I have nothing good or bad to say about Kwik Fit, last time I used them was 25 years ago (bought two rear tyres and rear dampers for a Ford Scorpio 2.9L, since you asked... :D ).

My point was a more general one regarding complacency of British customers. We seem to get overly exited when a seller or a dealer provide us the service that we paid for. This should be the norm... but it isn't. Sadly it is a reflection on the poor evel of customer service that we have become accustomed to.

It's great when a seller of a dealer go beyond the minimum they should be doing, and when this happens they deserve praise.
I didn’t ask them to check the other tyres so in effect they were going above and beyond. They already knew I had Tyrecare so they had nothing to gain from their actions beyond my gratitude.

It’s good to read positive comments about Kwikfit. Their mobile service is really really good, fast, friendly, professional and flexible service. I can’t fault them. Not been inside a Kwikfit for many years though.

We got a new set of front tyres, a week later my wife did her usual and drove through a pothole and knocked the alignment out. She went back to KwikFit, told them her sad tale about the angry husband, and they re-did the alignment no charge.

Hi , well I have only used Kwikfit once and that was enough for me.

First thing they did were to take the wheels of the car ( Volvo V90 ) and point out major issues with the car.

( Shocks leaking , brake shoes worn out but pointed out the car had disc brakes all round.)

Really I said as I provided an MOT that was only two hours old carried out across the road by the local Volvo dealer.

Clearly some people have had good service from Kwitfit but unfortunately it was not me.

No doubt they might have improved over time but sorry to say they are not for me.

Hi , well I have only used Kwikfit once and that was enough for me.

First thing they did were to take the wheels of the car ( Volvo V90 ) and point out major issues with the car.

( Shocks leaking , brake shoes worn out but pointed out the car had disc brakes all round.)

Really I said as I provided an MOT that was only two hours old carried out across the road by the local Volvo dealer.

Clearly some people have had good service from Kwitfit but unfortunately it was not me.

No doubt they might have improved over time but sorry to say they are not for me.
Why did you have to go to Kwikfit right after your car had passed it’s MOT?

I have used them twice recently and have nothing but praise.
Same here.
I purchased two Michelin PS4S tyres from them recently, they were cheaper than anyone else by far.
All the people I dealt with were great at a branch local to me

I think the bottom line is, if you ask Kwikfit for a quote they will be competitive. If you just drive in unannounced and ask them to fit tyres without getting a price first they will pull your pants down. I know folk on here wouldn’t get caught out like that, but there are plenty gullible customers out there for them to prey on.

Hi , I knew that the Volvo required new tyres and at he time KF offering a good deal.
So you presented your car for an MOT test knowing the tyres were needing replaced?
Personally I would put new tyres on before presenting my car for an MOT, it sends out the right message to the examiner.

Last edited:
So you presented your car for an MOT knowing the tyres were needing replaced?
Personally I would put new tyres on before presenting my car for an MOT, it sends out the right message to the examiner.
Hi , I change my tyres on my old Volvo at 3mm.

One of my neighbours took his car into a national tyre chain , ( not KF ) received a phone call from them telling him his car would fail the MOT test unless they replaced the front tyres.

He took up the offer !

Hi , I change my tyres on my old Volvo at 3mm.

One of my neighbours took his car into a national tyre chain , ( not KF ) received a phone call from them telling him his car would fail the MOT test unless they replaced the front tyres.

He took up the offer !
I’m struggling to understand the point of this post. Is it he needed new tyres and got them?

Hi , the car should have failed the MOT test.

The car should be tested in the condition it arrived at he test station.

deleted. should read post correctly before answering

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom