Votes: 19 28.8%
  • No to these rims

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Go bigger

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Refurb the curbed one and stick with the 16" Adharaz

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
oooo they do look nice indeed, i would say a good upgrade so my vote goes to yes to these rims. If you got any side shots of Edna you can send them to me and i can do some photoshoping of how well they would suit her

I think you should be bothered about the lack of staggered width, your car obviously needs it asthetically otherwise they wouldn't be on now.
Also I wonder if there is too much space on these rims and it will make your brakes look a bit under size.

Stick with what you've got.

As Dieselman post#5

Went from non-staggered to staggered set up on my 202, and didn't notice a huge amount of difference, to be honest ... but more rubber at the back has got to mean more grip at the back, so wouldn't think about reducing it .. thought all the SLKs were set up staggered - but could be wrong.

Nice rims though - and I'm sure the actual fitment would be fine .. just whether you would want to risk the potential change in handling, and whether it is an MB approved set up or not - wouldn 't want to do anything other than that.

S.

Older model cars with new model rims very very rarely look 'right' ...

Just my £ 0.02 ....

I voted stick with the originals

They look smart, surely one of our photo shop gurus could put them on a pic of Edna?? ;)

They look smart, surely one of our photo shop gurus could put them on a pic of Edna?? ;)

Yup I offered to do that earlier, so pammy if you post a side pic ill be more than happy to do that for you:D

Last edited:
Go for a refurb Lass. They match the car and you know how Edna handles with them.

We need a pic. I can't picture them myself. Possibly more suited to the R171. I'd say stick to orig for now.

I'm with H and Dieselman.

If you fancy a change, how about some staggered AMG IV?

IMHO they should compliment the SLK shape nicely - as fitted to the SLK32 AMG :cool:

Voted to refurb and stick.

I'd really leave it. The car looks good as is and you get into the pitfalls of insurance if you change the wheels. Maybe not with every company but I find it a bind. If at all possible keep a car stock it's so much easier.

Going bigger you will loose ride quality and I suspect it will not look as if it sits right unless you lower it and then and then and then.......

The advice would remain the same, but on other cars I could see the appeal/need - yours I just dont see it.

id say refurbish - as i feel the rims you have now suit your car a lot better
then the ones you are currently looking at on ebay -

Thank you all for your comments - much appreciated.

I do like the Adharaz which is what's made this quite hard so for the power of democracy a refurb it is.:D :D

Thank you all for your comments - much appreciated.

I do like the Adharaz which is what's made this quite hard so for the power of democracy a refurb it is.:D :D

But you have not changed your mind at least 4 times!!!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom